Photo Credit: Sans Epoch.
After School Program provides recreational, academic, and social activities after school and on days when school is not in session. During the school year, children attend activities from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. Monday through Friday for youth ages 6-12. Dinner is provided each evening. After school activities include:
- Homework assistance
- Arts and crafts
- Cultural arts
- Computer learning activities
- Gender specific programming
It's not too late to register for programming! Call Jessica, Director of Programs, at 414.464.4440 x238.
The Teen Program and Safe Place for youth ages 13 -19 runs Monday through Friday.
Teens participate in:
- Athletic leagues and Open Rec time
- Job Readiness classes and vocational counseling
- Community service projects/Volunteering
- College Prepatory Workshops
- Cultural Arts Opportunities
- Use of our Technology Center for homework, job, and college research
- Gender specific programming for young men and women
- Gatherings for a variety of special activities--from teen dances to participating in political discussions
Sign up today by calling Jessica, Director of Programs, at 414.464.4440 x238.
Agape's Technology Center has been open to the public since 2002 for general personal use, technology basics and for classes. Instruction is offered to youth and young adults in basic computer skills and Internet use. The lab began as a project to bring technology and internet availability to the neighborhood. The computer lab has 10 student stations and a facilitator's area that includes a projection system and printers. Microsoft Office software, programs to improve academic skills, and keyboarding tutorials are all available to participants.
Technology is integrated with many of Agape's programs. Children in the after school program rotate through the lab as regular activity each day. Teens are invited to use the lab during their program times. Adults may choose personalized tutoring or attend a class. Senior citizens are also encouraged to come to the lab. For information about open lab, classes, or personal instruction, please call 414.464.4440.