|At Ministry Medical Group's Bariatric Surgery Program, Calvin Selwyn Jr., MD and his team of skilled professionals, including nurses, psychologists, registered dietitian and exercise specialist are proud to provide expert weight loss surgery and follow-up care in an environment where you can expect quality service, compassionate care and personal respect.
- performs all procedures recognized by the American Society of Metabolic Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
- has performed over 1000 bariatric procedures. 95% of these procedures are done laparoscopically.
- is a graduate of the Fellowship in Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery and Bariatric Surgery at the University of Cincinnati Surgical Department. He has trained extensively in minimally invasive surgery and open procedures for morbid obesity, as well as upper and lower endoscopy. He was also an Assistant Professor of Surgery and Director of Surgical Endoscopy and Laparoscopy prior to coming to Ministry Saint Michael's Hospital.
- received his MD degree from the University of Minnesota School of Medicine and completed his residency in general surgery at Marshfield Clinic/Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield, Wisconsin.
- is a member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons, the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons (winning their Outstanding Laparoendoscopic Resident Surgeon Award in 2003), the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons, and a candidate member of the American College of Surgeons.
Ministry Medical Group Bariatric Surgery Program’s home office is located in beautiful Stevens Point. We offer outreach clinics in Weston, Rhinelander, and Merrill. Our staff offer you a lifetime of support to make your surgery success long-term. We are also committed to making your experience as smooth and as comfortable as possible. Each member of our staff is eager to answer any questions you may have, as well as assist you with your insurance company approval process. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask during your consultation with Dr. Selwyn.
Your additional bariatric support team consists of Amber Kitzman, Physician Assistant; Pat Schulist, RN, Bariatric Coordinator; Veronica Rieflin, LPN; Christine Lundberg. RDCD, Darla Beyer, Insurance Data Coordinator; Jackie Bienek, MD, Licensed Psychologist.
Our mission is to offer a comprehensive bariatric program with a multidisciplinary approach to provide safe weight loss surgery and compassionate care for severely obese patients. We strive to help each patient achieve improved health & quality of life and prolong their lifespan.