The Women’s and Children’s Health Center, opened in 2007, serves as the location for the offices of North Shore Medical Clinic’s ob/gyns and pediatricians along with diagnostic imaging services focusing on breast health and bone densitometry, physical therapy services focused specifically on the needs of women, and a massage area. The ob/gyns have patient satisfaction ratings in the 99th percentile.
The Birthing Center in the hospital has a Level I nursery, four LDRPs, and one post-op room. There are approximately 200 births per year. The clinical support staff in the clinic and in the Birthing Center are stable and very experienced.
The Birthing Center also has patient satisfaction ratings in the 99th percentile. A new two-story inpatient addition is scheduled to open in the summer of 2010. This addition will include a new birthing center with its own C-section room, four LDRPs, two post-op rooms and a triage room.
- Normal & high-risk pregnancies
- Menopausal management
- Novasure endometrial ablation
- Infertility counseling
- Mammography (digital, including screening, diagnostic, needle localizations–mammography or stereo)
- Bone density testing
- Stereotactic breast biopsies
- massage therapy–general relaxation, as well as pre- and post-natal
- physical therapy for women’s health, e.g., urinary incontinence, pelvic floor issues
Meet Ministry Door County Medical Center's Obstetricians & Gynecologists