Auxiliary Volunteer Opportunities
P.O. Box 230
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Executive Director: Mike Herlache
Many volunteer opportunities exist and here are just a few:
|Hospital Gift Shop
||Preparing Marketing/PR for Auxiliary
|Beauty Salon Assistance (Skilled Nursing Facility)
||Fund Raising Activities (House & Garden Walk)
|Outpatient Surgery Unit (assist patients, family, staff)
|Oncology Unit (assist patients, family, staff)
||Baking for Various Fund Raising Functions
|Skilled Nursing Facility (read to patients, play games)
||Health & Educations Project (hospital tours)
|Fill Patient Admittance Bags
||Assisting on Scholarship Committee
|Knitting, Crocheting, or Sewing
||Helping at Hospital Events (parking cars etc.)
It is the policy of Door County Memorial Hospital that all health care volunteers are required to meet all legal and regulatory requirements before performing any functions for the organization. The Auxiliary Volunteer Program is a part of and accountable to Door County Memorial Hospital Foundation, Inc.
The Hospital Auxiliary will guide new members through an orientation to the Hospital. The in-service chairman for the Auxiliary will set up these meetings with new members. Paperwork, including background checks, will be coordinated through the Foundation office.
The process of becoming a volunteer include the following steps:
- Complete a criminal background check
- Obtain a volunteer picture I.D.
- Sign a Patients Rights and Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete a "Health Requirements for Uncompensated Personnel" form
- Provide proof of TB Skin Testing
- Complete an orientation to safety regulations
- Complete an orientation to fire regulations
- Complete an orientation to infection control procedures
- Complete an orientation to proper wheel chair usage
Before the volunteer can begin their service, these responsibilities must be completed and placed on file with the hospital.