David Spude Cancer Center Fund
P.O. Box 230
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Executive Director: Mike Herlache
Comfort, Care & Support - Every Step of the Way
“Every day of life is to be cherished and is a gift of God. Don’t waste them.”
- David Spude
David Spude, a devoted husband and father, was loved and respected by all who knew him. His employers, the Doerr family, trusted and depended on him as “their right hand man” as they developed their motor plants throughout Wisconsin. Sadly, David died of cancer in June of 2004.
As a tribute to David, his wife Lois, the Doerr family and the Door County Medical Center Foundation established the David Spude Cancer Center Fund to perpetually benefit the Door County Cancer Center facility. This endowment fund will help to ensure that a full complement of cancer treatments will be available to all that need them and that these treatments are provided in the most comforting and peaceful environment possible.
We invite you to support the David Spude Cancer Center Fund and this very vital medical facility in Door County.
How the Community Will Benefit
• Radiation therapy treatments will continue to be offered at the Door County Cancer Center facility eliminating the inconvenient, uncomfortable and costly trips to Green Bay and elsewhere.
• The single occupancy chemotherapy treatment rooms will be continuously updated with the latest equipment and furnishings.
• Supporting the David Spude Cancer Center Fund will help to ensure that a full complement of cancer treatments will be available to all that need them and that these treatments are provided in the most comforting and peaceful environment possible.
How the Endowment Works
• Ninety percent of the annual capital appreciation and income will be distributed to benefit the Door County Cancer Center facility.
• Ten percent of the annual capital appreciation and income will be invested back into the fund to ensure perpetual growth.
• Annual fundraisers are held to build the principal balance. Over $200,000 has been raised since 2005. The major annual fundraiser is the womens golf event, “Queen for a Day”.
Download donation form