GSHC Foundation Fulfills $10,000 Pledge to HAVEN in Support of Building Project
Supporters of the Good Samaritan Health Center Foundation gathered in October at T.B. Scott Library in Merrill for the 14th Annual Wine and Cheese Social.
This year’s annual celebration provided added significance as the Foundation presented $10,000 to Haven, Incorporated in support of the construction of their new domestic abuse shelter in Merrill. The funds represent two-years of support from the Good Samaritan Foundation and will be used to provide a security system and kitchen appliances in the new facility.
“This serves as a thank you to the donors who support the foundations efforts throughout the year and pays tribute to community organizations dedicated to improving the health of the Merrill community,” said Kathy Brecke, foundation director.
Attendees included members of the Foundations DeAngelis Giving Society who sampled more than 25 varieties of wine with food and music.
Other community programs recognized at the Wine and Cheese Social included:
- “Our Time” Adult Social Respite Program: Merrill Senior Center
- “After the Bell” After School Program: Lincoln County UW-Extension/ After the Bell Steering Committee
- Community Food Pantry: Merrill
- Comunidad Hispana: Merrill
- “Cribs for Kids – Lincoln County”: Lincoln County Health Department
- “Fit 4 Life” – High School Fit Lab: Merrill High School
- Saint Vincent de Paul Free Clinic
- “Employee Advised Fund”: Good Samaritan Health Center
- “Healthy Snacks for After School Tutoring”: Washington Elementary School
- "Suicide Awareness & Prevention Project": Lincoln County Health Care Center/Lincoln County Health Department
- “Take a Break”: Lincoln County Respite Committee
For more information on the Good Samaritan Health Center Foundation, please contact Brecke at 715.539.5042.