On the cover:
"Snow Wolf" is a watercolor painting created by native Wisconsin artist, Karen Lenhart. Now living in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Karen is inspired by the natural world that surrounds her lake home, which is nestled in the Ottawa National Forest.
Working primarily in watercolor and other water medium, she is fascinated with capturing the ‘spirit’ of her subject. Karen’s work is best described as impressionistic realism.
Karen is active in several local and regional art organizations. A founding member of Artistree Gallery Cooperative in Land O’Lakes, WI, she serves on it’s Board of Directors and helps coordinate Gallery operations. Through Land O’Lakes Area Artisans, Inc., (LOLA), a 501(c)(3) organization supporting the arts in Northern Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Karen teaches art to both children and adults and serves on LOLA’s Board of Directors.
Recent awards include:
- "Best of Show" - Presque Isle Fine Art Show in Presque Isle, Wisconsin
- "Best of Show" (2010) and "Second Place" (2011) - Sun Prairie Art Fest in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
- "Merit Award"- Manito Art League Show in Manitowish Waters, Wisconsin
- "Fine Art Award of Excellence" – Art Impressions in Land O’Lakes, Wisconsin
- "Nicolet College Purchase Award" - Northern National Art Competition in Rhinelander, Wisconsin
In 2010, Lenhart received Artist-in-Residence status at the Porcupine Mountain State Park in Upper Michigan, sponsored by Friends of the Porkies. The residency provided an opportunity to paint plein-aire, explore and to be inspired by the raw beauty of the area.
You can view more of Lenhart’s work at karenlenhartstudios.com or contact her at email@example.com.