Ministry Saint Michael's Hospital
Ministry Medical Group is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our Emergency Medicine/Urgent Care team at Ministry Saint Michael's Hospital in Stevens Point, WI. (The group will also consider a new graduate with an extensive ER, paramedic or EMT background.) You will join a friendly, knowledgeable team consisting of twelve physicians and seven other advanced practice clinicians and will enjoy a mixed caseload with potential to treat lower acuity Emergency Department patients on occasion. The successful candidate will be comfortable working independently and will share Ministry Health Care's commitment to quality health care and exceptional patient service.
- Full-time; fixed schedule
- 6-bed Urgent Care unit sees approx, 20,000 cases per year; 10-bed Trauma Level III Emergency Department sees 18,500 cases annually
- The group boasts a collegial work environment with with a healthy balance of experienced and new providers
- Located in a vibrant university community
Our clinicians enjoy a collaborative work environment, leading edge technology, a lucrative compensation package, and most importantly, an opportunity to work with other providers as passionate and dedicated as they are.
- Graduate of an accredited school of graduate nursing in advanced practice. Master’s degree required, or graduate of an accredited physician assistant program with a university.
- Current licensure in the State of Wisconsin as a Registered Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
Stevens Point is conveniently located in the heart of Wisconsin and has consistently ranked as one of Relocate-America’s Top 100 places to live. You will find all of the amenities of a larger city without any of the metropolitan hassles. The area is a well-known paradise for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy fishing, hunting, kayaking, biking, hiking, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing.
The community is home to a University of Wisconsin campus, excellent public and parochial school systems, a variety of unique restaurants, an award-winning golf course, a children’s museum, a symphony orchestra and an assortment of major retailers and one-of-a-kind specialty shops.
- Population of 24,412
- 48% Male, 52% Female
- The community was named after George Stevens, settler
- Festivals - Arts Week, Harvest Festival, Jazz Festival, Pacelli Panacea, Portage County Cultural Festival, Riverfront Rendezvous
- Performing Arts - Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
- Home of University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point and Mid-State Technical College
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great Community and school district