Ministry Medical Group is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner for casual Urgent Care coverage at Ministry Good Samaritan Health Center in Merrill, WI. You will join a friendly, knowledgeable team consisting of four physicians and two full-time advanced practice clinicians and will enjoy a mixed caseload with potential to treat lower acuity Emergency Department patients on occasion.
- No overnight shifts
- Clinic hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Mon-Fri and 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Sat, Sun and holidays
- Collaborative, team environment
- Lower volume allows for a high level of personalized care
- Facility was recently named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital by iVantage Health Analytics
The ideal candidate will possess a strong ability to describe and interpret x-rays, remove foreign bodies from eyes, and a strong ability to repair and evaluate lacerations. Experience with the pediatric and geriatric population a plus. Our clinicians enjoy a collaborative work environment, leading edge technology, a lucrative compensation package, and most importantly, an opportunity to work with other providers as passionate and dedicated as they are.
Living in the great northwoods of Wisconsin gives that special quality of life that supports the secret to health and happiness – small town living. One minute you can be shopping downtown Merrill and minutes later you can be outside the city limits enjoying a panorama of forest, streams and hilltops. For those looking to escape the fast pace of the big city, yet still want some of the amenities, Merrill is the place to be. It's a place where family, friends and living are at their best!
Also known as the City of Parks, Merrill boasts nine, tree-shaded parks. Among these are 11 playgrounds, 8 ball fields, 10 tennis courts and an outdoor swimming pool. Likewise Merrill residents enjoy: 4 skating rinks, an 18 hole golf course, indoor pool, health club, public library, shooting range, over 20 churches, a Municipal Airport, a 73 bed hospital, 4 additional medical clinics, inter-city (covering 107 acres), and more!
Council Grounds State Park, a beautiful year-round park, is just minutes from the city limits. This 502 acre facility offers 55 camping sites with showers and flush toilets, 3.1 miles of walking trials, picnicking, hiking, boating, fishing and 5.3 miles of biking/cross country ski trails.
- Population of 10,164
- 47% Male, 53% Female
- The community was named after S.S. Merrill, railroad executive
- Festivals - Central Wisconsin Polka Festival, Lincoln County 4-H Fair
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Lowest recorded temperature was -48F in 1909
- Great community and school district