Ministry Good Samaritan Health Center
Ministry Medical Group is seeking an experienced Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner for casual Urgent Care coverage at Ministry Good Samaritan Health Center in Merrill, WI. You will join a friendly, knowledgeable team consisting of four physicians and two full-time advanced practice clinicians and will enjoy a mixed caseload with potential to treat lower acuity Emergency Department patients on occasion.
- No overnight shifts
- Clinic hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Mon-Fri and 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Sat, Sun and holidays
- Collaborative, team environment
- Lower volume allows for a high level of personalized care
- Facility was recently named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital by iVantage Health Analytics
The ideal candidate will possess a strong ability to describe and interpret x-rays, remove foreign bodies from eyes, and a strong ability to repair and evaluate lacerations. Experience with the pediatric and geriatric population a plus. Our clinicians enjoy a collaborative work environment, leading edge technology, a lucrative compensation package, and most importantly, an opportunity to work with other providers as passionate and dedicated as they are.
In North Central Wisconsin, you’ll find the perfect balance of unspoiled natural beauty and convenient creature comforts. Merrill itself is a warm-hearted community ideally located just off the interstate, about 20 minutes north of Wausau. The community is home to about 10,000 residents and is an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts with its numerous lakes and parks with hiking, ATV, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, biking and cross-country ski trails.
If small-town living isn’t for you, you might consider the nearby Wausau area. Just an easy 20 minute commute to Merrill makes Wausau an ideal location for those seeking more of an urban lifestyle. The Wausau area offers a complete package of arts and culture, fine dining, shopping, cultural events and a wide assortment of entertainment. The community is also home to a downhill ski resort, three micro-breweries, a top whitewater kayak park, The Badger State Games and an assortment of big-city amenities...without any of the hassles!
- Population of 10,164
- 47% Male, 53% Female
- The community was named after S.S. Merrill, railroad executive
- Festivals - Central Wisconsin Polka Festival, Lincoln County 4-H Fair
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Lowest recorded temperature was -48F in 1909
- Great community and school district