Ministry Medical Group, the physician-directed component of Ministry Health Care, is currently seeking a Gerontologist or IM/FM Ger/MED certified physician interested and committed to providing specialized care for our geriatric population in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. You will join an experienced team comprised of six other primary care physicians and 4 mid level providers in a robust outpatient practice with an established referral system.
The North Shore Clinic operates under a coordinated care delivery model and has been recognized as a NCQA Level III Patient Centered Medical Home. Our physicians work collaboratively with the Advanced Practice Clinicians, an RN case manager and a behavioral health specialist to provide patients a personalized, patient-centered care plan. There is also a Diabetes and Memory Diagnostic Clinic on site that works with patients suffering from early onset dementia and alzheimers. The clinic is staffed by a full-time nurse practitioner but supported by physicians.
- Full-time: 36 hrs per week
- Average of 18-24 patients per day
- Call: Assigned 1/2 day coverage every week and regional call 2x/year (Phone call only); No night call
- Could do monthly rotation to area nursing homes if interested
- Commonly seen: arthritis, heart and lung disease, depression, memory loss, incontinence, mobility issues, Alzheimer’s and osteoporosis
- Collaborative relationship with the Hospitalist team