Stevens Point is conveniently located in the heart of Wisconsin and has consistently ranked as one of Relocate-America’s Top 100 places to live. You will find all of the amenities of a larger city without any of the metropolitan hassles. The area is a well-known paradise for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy fishing, hunting, kayaking, biking, hiking, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing.
The community is home to a University of Wisconsin campus, excellent public and parochial school systems, a variety of unique restaurants, an award-winning golf course, a children’s museum, a symphony orchestra and an assortment of major retailers and one-of-a-kind specialty shops.
- Population of 24,412
- 48% Male, 52% Female
- The community was named after George Stevens, settler
- Festivals - Arts Week, Harvest Festival, Jazz Festival, Pacelli Panacea, Portage County Cultural Festival, Riverfront Rendezvous
- Performing Arts - Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
- Home of University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point and Mid-State Technical College
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great Community and school district