Tomahawk is located 180 miles north of Madison, offers all the charm of small-town living in an area surrounded by magnificent forests, rivers and lakes. Tomahawk is not only a great place to vacation; it's also a great place to live and do business. We have a unique balance between tourism and industry, and are proud to be home to several industries. In addition, we offer an excellent school system, friendly and safe neighborhoods, a strong sense of civic pride and a wide array of activities. Come to Tomahawk to experience life the way it's meant to be.
- Population of 3,807
- 47% Male, 53% Female
- The community was named for the river, which was named after a battle between the Sioux and Chippewa; they buried a tomahawk on the shore to symbolize peace - This is not the only community in Wisconsin named Tomahawk.
- Well-known resident - Mike Webster (football player)
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great community and active school district