Ministry Medical Group has an opening for a BC/BE Radiation Oncologist at the James Beck Cancer Center in Rhinelander, WI. This is an ideal opportunity for a self-starter willing to network and collaborate with colleagues to deliver exceptional care to our patients.
- No call schedule
- Support staff includes:
- 1 RN OCN, 1 Radiation Therapist/Medical Dosimetrist, 1 Manager/Dosimetrist, 2 Radiation Therapists, 1 Medical Physicist and 1 Cancer Registrar
- Average # patients: 15 patients on treatment day
Clinical Services/ Equipment:
- GE Light Speed CT Simulator
- Varian True Beam
- Electronic Portal Imaging and KV and Conebeam
- Eclipse 3D & IMRT Treatment Planning
- Pending implementation of IGRT & SBRT
- Gold Seed Fiducial Marker Prostate insertion (Urologist typically does this, open if new provider would like to offer this service)
- Eclipse Auto Contouring and Auto Deformation
- 4D respiratory motion, gated CT simulation and treatment planning capabilities
- Portal Dosimetry for IMRT
In Rhinelander, you'll find the perfect balance of unspoiled natural beauty and convenient creature comforts. Located in the heart of Wisconsin's picturesque Northwoods, Rhinelander is a well-known paradise for anglers, kayakers, cyclists, hikers, nature lovers, snowmobilers, cross-country skiers and outdoor enthusiasts alike. Residents enjoy the seasonal versatility of the many forests and lakes that surround the community.
The City of Rhinelander is a service center for the surrounding communities and offers a variety of retailers, bookstores, restaurants, coffee shops, state-of-the-art medical services and plenty of midwestern hospitality. Numerous musical events, festivals, and parades draw Wisconsinites from near and far.
There are many great reasons to live, work and raise your family in the Rhinelander area. Enjoy an exceptional quality of life balanced with a low cost of living. Rhinelander is home to excellent schools and higher education opportunities.
- Population of 7,735; 46% Male, 54% Female
- Known for the legend of the Hodag, a mythical beast from logging times
- Entertainment-Community Theater, Annual National Northern Arts Juried Art Show and Competition, Performing Arts Series, Farmer's Market, Public Radio(WXPR), Full Service Family YMCA, Country Music Festivals, Oktoberfest
- Safe community and excellent school districts