Ministry Medical Group has an opening for a BC/BE Radiation Oncologist at the James Beck Cancer Center in Rhinelander, WI. This physician should be a self starter that will network and collaborate with his or her colleagues to deliver exceptional care to our patients.
- No call schedule
- Support staff includes: 1 RN OCN, 2 administrative secretaries, 1 medical dosimetrist, 1 manager/dosimetrist, 3 radiation therapists, 1 medical physicist, 1 cancer registrar
- Average # patients: 15 patients on treatment/day
Clinical Services/ Equipment:
- GE Light Speed CT Simulator
- 21EX Varian Linear Accelerator- with photon and electron capabilities-installed and commissioned in 2004
- Electronic Portal Imaging (no film)
- 3D Treatment Planning
- Gold Seed Fiducial Marker Prostate insertion (Urologist typically does this, open if new provider would like to offer this service)
- Prostate Implants (Everything is in place to perform this service, but it is presently not offered due to current provider disinterest)
- IKEO Auto Contouring and Auto Deformation
- 4D respiratory motion, gated CT simulation and treatment Planning- Capabilities- recently purchased, team working on implementation
- Portal Dosimetry for IMRT
Rhinelander, Wisconsin...the perfect balance between unspoiled nature and city amenities. Vast forests and crystal clear lakes stretch for miles. Hike, bike, ATV, motorcycle, hunt, swim, fish, canoe, kayak, water ski, sail, and golf. Enjoy our spectacular scenery year' round: Snowmobiling, snowshoeing, skating, cross-country skiing, sledding and ice fishing are favorite pastimes as soon as the snow flies.
The City of Rhinelander is a service center for the surrounding communities and offers shopping, bookstores, coffee shops, excellent public and private schools, state of the art medical services. Nicolet College offers advanced certificates and 2-year degrees with opportunity to continue in the University of Wisconsin system. The community is safe, affordable, and surprisingly diverse.
Our four-season vacationland offers wonderful year round living. Rhinelander is situated on beautiful Boom Lake, just one of the 1,100 lakes in Oneida County. It's a natural location for the outdoors-lover. But you will not travel far to enjoy quality arts and entertainment. Each July, aspiring musicians, dancers, writers and artists have the opportunity to learn from established professionals at the nationally renowned UW-Madison School of the Arts in Rhinelander. Artists Series, Lecture Series, book clubs, and many other activities add to the reality of the balanced life-style that is Rhinelander.
- Population of 7,735; 46% Male, 54% Female
- Known for the legend of the Hodag, a mythical beast from logging times
- Entertainment-Community Theater, Annual National Northern Arts Juried Art Show and Competition, Performing Arts Series, Farmer's Market, Public Radio(WXPR), Full Service Family YMCA, Country Music Festivals, Oktoberfest
- Safe community and excellent school districts