Every city boasts itself as the best. However, in a recent study, "America's Small Cities" rated Marshfield as first in Wisconsin and third in the Midwest.
It is a safe clean community, with a world class health-care center, the Marshfield clinic and Saint Joseph Hospital. There are many parks, a zoo, the University of Wisconsin center, a newer technical school and the Laird center. Quality education is offered in many nice schools.
Marshfield is a dairy community, surrounded by dairy farms. However, the city has many diversified industries, offering many opportunities for employment of all kinds. Marshfield is a great place to live and raise a family.
Area small towns include Spencer, Stratford, Auburndale, Chili, Loyal and Granton.
- Population of 18,670
- 47% Male, 53% Female
- Festivals - Central Wisconsin State Fair, Cultural Fair, Dairyfest, Maple Fall Fest
- Attractions - Foxfire Gardens, Wildwood Park & Zoo
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great Community and school district