Ministry Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE Emergency Medicine physician (Family or Internal Medicine trained physicians with five years ED experience will also be considered) to join our team at Good Samaritan Health Center in Merrill. You will join a dynamic team of four physicians and two advanced practice clinicians in a small, close-knit community. The emergency department and walk-in clinic see a combined annual volume of 12-13,500, allowing for a high-level of personalized care. Additionally, the facility was recently named a Top 100 Critical-Access Hospital by iVantage Health Analytics.
- 9 bed Trauma Level IV Emergency Department
- Full-time, 13 twelve hour shifts per month
- Rural setting with sub-specialty referrals within 25 miles
- Real-time x-ray interpretation weekdays between 8am-5pm, and 24 hour CT scan interpretation
- The group has established a strong relationship with the hospitalist team
This is an ideal opportunity for a physician looking to practice in a rural setting while still treating a full range of trauma patients. The department boasts strong staff/physician relationships as well as low nurse turnover rates.
In North Central Wisconsin, you’ll find the perfect balance of unspoiled natural beauty and convenient creature comforts. Merrill itself is a warm-hearted community ideally located just off the interstate, about 20 minutes north of Wausau. The community is home to about 10,000 residents and is an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts with its numerous lakes and parks with hiking, ATV, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, biking and cross-country ski trails.
If small-town living isn’t for you, you might consider the nearby Wausau area. Just an easy 20 minute commute to Merrill makes Wausau an ideal location for those seeking more of an urban lifestyle. The Wausau area offers a complete package of arts and culture, fine dining, shopping, cultural events and a wide assortment of entertainment. The community is also home to a downhill ski resort, three micro-breweries, a top whitewater kayak park, The Badger State Games and an assortment of big-city amenities...without any of the hassles!
- Population of 10,164
- 47% Male, 53% Female
- The community was named after S.S. Merrill, railroad executive
- Festivals - Central Wisconsin Polka Festival, Lincoln County 4-H Fair
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Lowest recorded temperature was -48F in 1909
- Great community and school district