Ministry Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE Emergency Medicine physician (Family or Internal Medicine trained physicians with five years ED experience will also be considered) to join our team at Good Samaritan Health Center in Merrill. You will join a dynamic team of four physicians and two advanced practice clinicians in a small, close-knit community. The emergency department and walk-in clinic see a combined annual volume of 12-13,500, allowing for a high-level of personalized care. Additionally, the facility was recently named a Top 100 Critical-Access Hospital by iVantage Health Analytics.
- 9 bed Trauma Level IV Emergency Department
- Full-time, 13 twelve hour shifts per month
- Rural setting with sub-specialty referrals within 25 miles
- Real-time x-ray interpretation weekdays between 8am-5pm, and 24 hour CT scan interpretation
- The group has established a strong relationship with the hospitalist team
This is an ideal opportunity for a physician looking to practice in a rural setting while still treating a full range of trauma patients. The department boasts strong staff/physician relationships as well as low nurse turnover rates.
Living in the great northwoods of Wisconsin gives that special quality of life that supports the secret to health and happiness – small town living. One minute you can be shopping downtown Merrill and minutes later you can be outside the city limits enjoying a panorama of forest, streams and hilltops. For those looking to escape the fast pace of the big city, yet still want some of the amenities, Merrill is the place to be. It's a place where family, friends and living are at their best!
Also known as the City of Parks, Merrill boasts nine, tree-shaded parks. Among these are 11 playgrounds, 8 ball fields, 10 tennis courts and an outdoor swimming pool. Likewise Merrill residents enjoy: 4 skating rinks, an 18 hole golf course, indoor pool, health club, public library, shooting range, over 20 churches, a Municipal Airport, a 73 bed hospital, 4 additional medical clinics, inter-city (covering 107 acres), and more!
Council Grounds State Park, a beautiful year-round park, is just minutes from the city limits. This 502 acre facility offers 55 camping sites with showers and flush toilets, 3.1 miles of walking trials, picnicking, hiking, boating, fishing and 5.3 miles of biking/cross country ski trails.
- Population of 10,164
- 47% Male, 53% Female
- The community was named after S.S. Merrill, railroad executive
- Festivals - Central Wisconsin Polka Festival, Lincoln County 4-H Fair
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Lowest recorded temperature was -48F in 1909
- Great community and school district