The Howard Young Medical Center recently expanded and built a beautiful, state of the science Emergency Department to help us accommodate the high influx of emergent patients seen due to our high tourism volumes in both summer and winter. Physicians from Howard Young provide cross coverage EM support at our 25 bed critical access hospital in Eagle River, Wis.
- Annual Volume: 14,000
- New Emergency Department
- 15 beds: 3 trauma
- 12 twelve hour shifts per month
- MedHost electronic medical record
- Summer APC double coverage 11am-11pm
- Summer triple coverage 9am-7pm
Woodruff, Wisconsin is located 210 miles north of Madison in the "Northwoods." The area offers the comfort of small-town living in a most sought-after location - amid Wisconsin's most breathtaking forests and lakes.
The Woodruff area has opportunities for the nature lover as well as for those who enjoy the finer things in life. There are museums, spas, a dinner theatre, as well as great golfing. There are 16 golf courses and one country club within 30 miles of Woodruff, which means there's a chance for everyone to find their favorite.
- Population of 1,982
- 47% Male, 53% Female
- Woodruff was established in the late 1880's and is the home of a historical site/museum "Dr. Kate Museum"
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great community and active school district