Howard Young Medical Center
Ministry Medical Group, the physician-directed component of Ministry Health Care, invites you to explore an attractive Emergency Medicine opportunity in Northern Wisconsin. This is an ideal opportunity for a physician looking to treat a full range of trauma patients while still offering a high-level of personalized care. This position will provide Emergency Medicine at both Howard Young Medical Center in Woodruff, WI and at Eagle River Memorial Hospital in Eagle River, WI. This scenic area is a popular Midwestern vacation destination and does see a considerable tourist influx during the summer months.
- Howard Young Medical Center is a Level III - annual volume of 14,000; Eagle River is a Level IV and treats about 7,000 annually
- Twelve, 12-hour shifts per month; request schedule
- Collaborative relationship with the Hospitalist teams
- Easy, one call transfers with Ministry Connect
- Ministry Spirit Transport with ground and flight transport on site
- Due to the seasonal influx, there is summer triple coverage 9a.m.-7 p.m.; Summer APC double coverage 11a.m.-11p.m.
- Group boasts a collegial environment and excellent longevity
- This is an ideal location for an outdoor enthusiast.
Physicians who have recently joined Ministry Medical Group indicate that the excellent work/life balance combined with friendly, thriving communities was ultimately what drew them here. Beautiful, safe and affordable neighborhoods make this area a GREAT place to live and work.
The greater Minocqua/ Woodruff area is a popular Midwestern vacation destination that draws visitors from all over Wisconsin throughout the year. You could live where others go to get away from it all! Woodruff's numerous lakes, parks and elaborate trail systems make it an ideal location for an outdoor enthusiast. Whether you prefer to hike, bike, fish, boat, snowmobile or cross-country ski, you'll find plenty of opportunity in Wisconsin's beautiful Northwoods.
Being a vacation destination, the community offers a variety of unique, one-of-a-kind shops and an assortment of restaurants, coffee houses, and supper clubs. There's always something new and exciting to explore.
- Population of 1,982
- 47% Male, 53% Female
- Woodruff was established in the late 1880's and is the home of a historical site/museum "Dr. Kate Museum"
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great community and active school district