The Howard Young Medical Center recently expanded and built a beautiful, state of the science Emergency Department to help us accommodate the high influx of emergent patients seen due to our high tourism volumes in both summer and winter. Physicians from Howard Young provide cross coverage EM support at our 25 bed critical access hospital in Eagle River, Wis.
- Annual Volume: 14,000
- New Emergency Department
- 15 beds: 3 trauma
- 12 twelve hour shifts per month
- MedHost electronic medical record
- Summer APC double coverage 11am-11pm
- Summer triple coverage 9am-7pm
The greater Minocqua/ Woodruff area is a popular Midwestern vacation destination that draws visitors from all over Wisconsin throughout the year. You could live where others go to get away from it all!
Woodruff's numerous lakes, parks and elaborate trail systems make it an ideal location for an outdoor enthusiast. Whether you prefer to hike, bike, fish, boat, snowmobile or cross-country ski, you'll find plenty of opportunity in Wisconsin's beautiful Northwoods.
Being a vacation destination, the community offers a variety of unique, one-of-a-kind shops and an assortment of restaurants, coffee houses, and supper clubs. There's always something new and exciting to explore.
- Population of 1,982
- 47% Male, 53% Female
- Woodruff was established in the late 1880's and is the home of a historical site/museum "Dr. Kate Museum"
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great community and active school district