Ministry Medical Group, the physician-directed component of Ministry Health Care, is seeking a Family Medicine or IM/PEDS physician to join an established practice in Eagle River, Wisconsin. The Eagle River clinic is ideally located adjacent to our 25-bed Ministry Eagle River Memorial Hospital allowing for easy access to a multitude of diagnostic services. The practice is currently operating as traditional inpatient/outpatient but is moving towards outpatient only. The clinicians boast a collaborative relationship with the Hospitalist team. The successful candidate should have an interest and be willing to participate in community outreach and patient education sessions.
- Full-time:36 hours/week
- Newer, state-of-the-art facility
- Call 1:4 (Every 4th weekend and one designated day during the week)
- Approximately 20 patients per day
- Clinic sees a substantial patient influx during the Summer and Winter months as it is a popular vacation destination
- The facility is recognized as a Patient Centered Medical Home-Level III
Eagle River is a special place nestled in the heart of Wisconsin's picturesque Northwoods. Surrounded by acres of stately forests and over 1,300 fresh-water lakes, the area could easily be described as an outdoor enthusiasts' paradise. During summer months, residents enjoy fishing, boating, golfing or biking and hiking one the area's breathtaking trails. In winter months, the community shifts gears to cross-country skiing, hockey, snowshoeing and snowmobiling. Eagle River draws thousand of snowmobilers each winter and is even home to the World's Championship Snowmobile Derby.
Being a popular Midwestern vacation destination, the community offers hundreds of quaint, one-of-a-kind shops, ice cream parlors, antique shops, art galleries, restaurants, wineries, museums and more. There is always something more to explore. In fact, many vacationers never leave.
Enjoy an excellent quality of life at a reasonable cost of living. It doesn't get much better than this!
- Population is 1,398
- Median age is 43
- "Snowmobile Capital of the World"
- Festivals - Cranberry Fest, Klondike Days, Paul Bunyan Fest, Vilas County Fair
- Great community and school district
Eagle River Chamber
Northland Pines School District