Ministry Saint Mary's Hospital is seeking an experienced BC/BE General Surgeon to join our multi-specialty group in Wisconsin's picturesque northwoods. This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced team with an established referral system. Ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and be interested in vascular procedures.
- Full Time - 36 hrs/week
- Call 1:3
- Special interest in vascular surgery a plus
- Opportunity to do outreach at satellite clinics
- Clinical Services include: General, endoscopic and advanced laparoscopic procedures, diagnostic and therapeutic GI, breast, stereo biopsies and vascular procedures
The surgery department in Rhinelander sees an annual volume of 2,200 patients and has an excellent relationship with support staff. Operating room equipment includes: Ethicon Suture and Endomechanical devices, Valley lab cautery units including Ligasure, Harmonic Scalpel, Stryker endoscopy equipment for Laparoscopy (all on booms in each OR with a main screen and a slave screen for maximum viewing), Pac’s systems for x-ray viewing with ability to view on the slave screens, Large and medium c-arm, State of the Art endoscopy equipment for Colonoscopy, EGD and Bronchoscopy and PillCam capsule endoscopy
In Rhinelander, you'll find the perfect balance of unspoiled natural beauty and convenient creature comforts. Located in the heart of Wisconsin's picturesque Northwoods, Rhinelander is a well-known paradise for anglers, hunters, kayakers, cyclists, hikers, nature lovers, snowmobilers, cross-country skiers and outdoor enthusiasts alike. Residents enjoy the seasonal versatility of the many forests and lakes that surround the community.
The City of Rhinelander is a service center for the surrounding communities and offers a variety of retailers, bookstores, restaurants, coffee shops, state-of-the-art medical services and plenty of midwestern hospitality. Numerous musical events, festivals, and parades draw Wisconsinites from near and far.
There are many great reasons to live, work and raise your family in the Rhinelander area. Enjoy an exceptional quality of life balanced with a low cost of living. Rhinelander is home to excellent schools and higher education opportunities.
- Population of 7,735; 46% Male, 54% Female
- Known for the legend of the Hodag, a mythical beast from logging times
- Entertainment-Community Theater, Annual National Northern Arts Juried Art Show and Competition, Performing Arts Series, Farmer's Market, Public Radio(WXPR), Full Service Family YMCA, Country Music Festivals, Oktoberfest
- Safe community and excellent school districts