Ministry Saint Mary's Hospital is seeking an experienced BC/BE General Surgeon to join our multi-specialty group in Wisconsin's picturesque northwoods. This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced team with an established referral system. Ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and be interested in vascular procedures.
- Full Time - 36 hrs/week
- Call 1:4
- Special interest in vascular surgery a plus
- Opportunity to do outreach at satellite clinics
- Clinical Services include: General, endoscopic and advanced laparoscopic procedures, diagnostic and therapeutic GI, breast, stereo biopsies and vascular procedures
The surgery department in Rhinelander sees an annual volume of 2,200 patients and has an excellent relationship with support staff. Operating room equipment includes: Ethicon Suture and Endomechanical devices, Valley lab cautery units including Ligasure, Harmonic Scalpel, Stryker endoscopy equipment for Laparoscopy (all on booms in each OR with a main screen and a slave screen for maximum viewing), Pac’s systems for x-ray viewing with ability to view on the slave screens, Large and medium c-arm, State of the Art endoscopy equipment for Colonoscopy, EGD and Bronchoscopy and PillCam capsule endoscopy
Rhinelander, Wisconsin...the perfect balance between unspoiled nature and city amenities. Vast forests and crystal clear lakes stretch for miles. Hike, bike, ATV, motorcycle, hunt, swim, fish, canoe, kayak, water ski, sail, and golf. Enjoy our spectacular scenery year' round: Snowmobiling, snowshoeing, skating, cross-country skiing, sledding and ice fishing are favorite pastimes as soon as the snow flies.
The City of Rhinelander is a service center for the surrounding communities and offers shopping, bookstores, coffee shops, excellent public and private schools, state of the art medical services. Nicolet College offers advanced certificates and 2-year degrees with opportunity to continue in the University of Wisconsin system. The community is safe, affordable, and surprisingly diverse.
Our four-season vacationland offers wonderful year round living. Rhinelander is situated on beautiful Boom Lake, just one of the 1,100 lakes in Oneida County. It's a natural location for the outdoors-lover. But you will not travel far to enjoy quality arts and entertainment. Each July, aspiring musicians, dancers, writers and artists have the opportunity to learn from established professionals at the nationally renowned UW-Madison School of the Arts in Rhinelander. Artists Series, Lecture Series, book clubs, and many other activities add to the reality of the balanced life-style that is Rhinelander.
- Population of 7,735; 46% Male, 54% Female
- Known for the legend of the Hodag, a mythical beast from logging times
- Entertainment-Community Theater, Annual National Northern Arts Juried Art Show and Competition, Performing Arts Series, Farmer's Market, Public Radio(WXPR), Full Service Family YMCA, Country Music Festivals, Oktoberfest
- Safe community and excellent school districts