Ministry Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE General Surgeon to join our multi-specialty team in Stevens Point. This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced team with an established referral system. Ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and will have a special interest in thoracic, breast or vascular procedures.
- Full-time - 36 hrs/wk
- Call schedule - 1:4
- Clinical services include general, endoscopic, and advanced laparoscopic procedures
- OR is designated block schedule
The general surgery department averages approximately 2,300 surgical cases annually and has an excellent relationship with surgical support staff. Operating room equipment includes colonoscopy, EGD, nasopharyngoscope, (Olympus) hysteroscope, Hermes Compatible (Stryker) laparoscope, cystoscope, ultrasound, (arthroscope), (bronchoscope, rigid and flexible), navigator for lymphatic mapping, VATS
Stevens Point is conveniently located in the heart of Wisconsin and has consistently ranked as one of Relocate-America’s Top 100 places to live. You will find all of the amenities of a larger city without any of the metropolitan hassles. The area is a well-known paradise for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy fishing, hunting, kayaking, biking, hiking, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing.
The community is home to a University of Wisconsin campus, excellent public and parochial school systems, a variety of unique restaurants, an award-winning golf course, a children’s museum, a symphony orchestra and an assortment of major retailers and one-of-a-kind specialty shops.
- Population of 24,412
- 48% Male, 52% Female
- The community was named after George Stevens, settler
- Festivals - Arts Week, Harvest Festival, Jazz Festival, Pacelli Panacea, Portage County Cultural Festival, Riverfront Rendezvous
- Performing Arts - Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
- Home of University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point and Mid-State Technical College
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great Community and school district