Ministry Medical Group is seeking a BC/BE General Surgeon to join our multi-specialty team in Stevens Point. This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced team with an established referral system. Ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and will have a special interest in thoracic, breast or vascular procedures.
- Full-time - 36 hrs/wk
- Call schedule - 1:4
- Clinical services include general, endoscopic, and advanced laparoscopic procedures
- OR is designated block schedule
The general surgery department averages approximately 2,300 surgical cases annually and has an excellent relationship with surgical support staff. Operating room equipment includes colonoscopy, EGD, nasopharyngoscope, (Olympus) hysteroscope, Hermes Compatible (Stryker) laparoscope, cystoscope, ultrasound, (arthroscope), (bronchoscope, rigid and flexible), navigator for lymphatic mapping, VATS
Stevens Point is centrally located in the state, on the Wisconsin River, at the intersection of Interstate 39 and State Highway 10 in Portage County. We are approximately 110 miles north of Madison, 250 miles northwest of Chicago, and 215 miles east of Minneapolis.
Stevens Point is home to a University of Wisconsin campus, a Mid-State Technical College campus, and Ministry Saint Michael's Hospital. The Stevens Point Area Public School District includes ten elementary schools, two junior high schools, and one high school. Stevens Point also has a number of parochial and private schools.
Perhaps the most famous one of all is the Wisconsin Scenic Ice Age Trail, a continuous 1,000 mile footpath through diverse landscapes that provide outdoor recreation experiences, preserves geological features, serves as an educational resource, provides habitat for the movement of wildlife, provides health and vigor for users, and links history and cultures within Wisconsin.
- Population of 24,412
- 48% Male, 52% Female
- The community was named after George Stevens, settler
- Festivals - Arts Week, Harvest Festival, Jazz Festival, Pacelli Panacea, Portage County Cultural Festival, Riverfront Rendezvous
- Performing Arts - Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
- Home of University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point and Mid-State Technical College
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great Community and school district