Value Stream Medical Director - Northern Region
Ministry Medical Group is currently seeking candidates interested in Medical Director roles, both Primary Care and Medical Specialties, in the northern Wisconsin region. The ideal candidates will possess a strong commitment to the mission, promise, and values of the organization, and be able to demonstrate these values through his or her leadership practices.
- Drive improvements in patient safety and quality, patient satisfaction, employee culture, and operational efficiency by identifying, planning and facilitating continuous improvement activities together with staff leadership and physicians.
- Co-lead value stream management teams to improve delivery of value creating services to patients with less delays, defects and reduced costs.
- Uncover and assess opportunities for operational improvements
- Develop and implement timely metrics that reflect operation's ability to deliver value to patients
- Implement solutions into standard process through policy and procedures and standard work documents
- Drive participation in and provide leadership to continuous improvement teams that facilitate organizational learning through joint problem solving by physicians, front line staff and leadership team.
- Lead/assist in capacity and demand management of critical services/resources (equipment, staff, hours of operations) to ensure good patient flow and access while minimizing overburden and inconsistency for staff and providers.
- Interacts and communicates accurately, consistently and appropriately with internal and external customers.
- Maintains current knowledge of TJC, State and CMS standards and assists the unit/organization in maintaining compliance with all applicable standards.
- Work collaboratively with Primary Care Operations Directors to drive standardization and proactively manage opportunities to improve cost, quality, patient satisfaction and delivery of care.
- In conjuction with RVP, Hospital leadership and respective operations Directors and Supervisors, manages the care of primary care across the campus.
- Champion and provide leadership in development and implementation of the PCMH.
- Responsible for leading improvements in patient satisfaction for primary care departments.
- In conjunction with MMG and hospital leadership, is responsible for managing quality systems and structures and driving improvements in patient safety and quality.
- Monitors and seeks ways to improve provider clinical performance as reflected by measured patient satisfaction, productivity, access, panel size, quality measures as defined by the organization, participation in departmental meetings and initiatives and any other performance metrics established by MMG.
- Fosters an atmosphere which produces positive provider and staff morale and provides guidance for colleagues regarding professionalism, ethics and respectful behavior.
- Assists with EHR implementation and serves as a resource for departmental colleagues.
- Aids in the development of care templates and order sets. Promotes provider compliance with established care protocols.
- Assists the RVP and HR to address dysfunctional behavior of clinicians and staff.
- Responsible for clinician evaluations and performance improvement plans.
- Assists the Operation Directors/Supervisors in the preparation, approval, and implementation of the department’s budget. Assists the Operation Directors/supervisors with action plans regarding budget outliers.
- Participates in recruiting activities and site visits. Participates with Regional Management and PR&R in setting regional recruitment priorities.
- When necessary, participates in joint planning with Regional Ministry Health Care hospitals, SSO, and ancillary services.
- When appropriate, serves as liaison with civic and community leaders.
- Manages provider personnel matters, in collaboration with Operations Directors/Supervisors.
- Supports Ministry Health Care’s Mission, Promise, and Values.
- Participates with creation and execution of Ministry’s regional strategic plan.
- Assists with development and implementation growth initiatives within MMG.
- Serves as a visible leader. Energizes, and communicates effectively with Regional Vice-President, Regional Administrator, Directors, Supervisors, and staff.
Education & Experience Required:
- Education: MD or DO with an unrestricted license to practice in the state of Wisconsin.
- Experience: Minimum of three years clinical experience. Demonstrated leadership experience required. Interest in Physician leadership required.
Personal & Professional Attributes:
This individual will understand and have a commitment to the mission, promise and values of Ministry Health Care. The qualified candidate will be able to demonstrate these values with his/her leadership practices. This person will possess personal and professional integrity, strong communication skills and an excellent professional appearance and presentation. Strong analytical and decision-making skills along with considerable tact and diplomacy are important considerations. The individual must possess strong leadership skills, a good sense of humor, high energy level and a positive outlook. Other attributes include the following:
- Listens effectively, share ideas and information openly and facilitates relationship building.
- Willingness to learn.
- Willingness to teach and mentor others.
- Possess initiative, good judgment and the ability to problem solve.
- Is driven, compassionate and creative.
- Models a good work ethic.
- Is patient focused.
- Willingness to lead change.