Ministry Medical Group has an excellent opportunity for a full-spectrum general neurologist in Stevens Point, Wisconsin. This is an ideal chance to join an established practice and enjoy an excellent quality of life. We offer an industry leading salary and benefit package complete with relocation and recruitment incentives tailored to your needs.
- Full time: 36 hours/week
- Call schedule: 1:4
- Primarily consultant
- Subspecialty interests welcome
- EMG or neuromuscular a plus
- Hospital and clinic are ideally located on the same campus
Ministry Medical group is a physician directed multi-specialty group widely recognized as one of the top-rated health care systems in Wisconsin. Our neurology group has built a strong relationship with referring departments and our hospitalist program.
Stevens Point is centrally located in the state, on the Wisconsin River, at the intersection of Interstate 39 and State Highway 10 in Portage County. We are approximately 110 miles north of Madison, 250 miles northwest of Chicago, and 215 miles east of Minneapolis.
Stevens Point is home to a University of Wisconsin campus, a Mid-State Technical College campus, and Ministry Saint Michael's Hospital. The Stevens Point Area Public School District includes ten elementary schools, two junior high schools, and one high school. Stevens Point also has a number of parochial and private schools.
Perhaps the most famous one of all is the Wisconsin Scenic Ice Age Trail, a continuous 1,000 mile footpath through diverse landscapes that provide outdoor recreation experiences, preserves geological features, serves as an educational resource, provides habitat for the movement of wildlife, provides health and vigor for users, and links history and cultures within Wisconsin.
- Population of 24,412
- 48% Male, 52% Female
- The community was named after George Stevens, settler
- Festivals - Arts Week, Harvest Festival, Jazz Festival, Pacelli Panacea, Portage County Cultural Festival, Riverfront Rendezvous
- Performing Arts - Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
- Home of University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point and Mid-State Technical College
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great Community and school district