Ministry Medical Group, the physician-directed component of Ministry Health Care, is currently seeking a BC/BE orthopedic surgeon looking to join our multi-specialty group in Stevens Point, WI. This young and talented group is looking for a general orthopedic surgeon to join their dynamic team.
- Fellowship trained in hand, foot/ankle or sports medicine would be welcomed
- Clinic adjacent to the hospital
- Call schedule 1:3
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including: one month vacation first year, two months subsequent years
Ministry Saint Michael's Hospital has eight state-of-the-art OR suites, is licensed for 181 beds, and has 3 MDA's and 8 CRNA's.
Stevens Point is conveniently located in the heart of Wisconsin and has consistently ranked as one of Relocate-America’s Top 100 places to live. You will find all of the amenities of a larger city without any of the metropolitan hassles. The area is a well-known paradise for outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy fishing, hunting, kayaking, biking, hiking, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing.
The community is home to a University of Wisconsin campus, excellent public and parochial school systems, a variety of unique restaurants, an award-winning golf course, a children’s museum, a symphony orchestra and an assortment of major retailers and one-of-a-kind specialty shops.
- Population of 24,412
- 48% Male, 52% Female
- The community was named after George Stevens, settler
- Festivals - Arts Week, Harvest Festival, Jazz Festival, Pacelli Panacea, Portage County Cultural Festival, Riverfront Rendezvous
- Performing Arts - Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra
- Home of University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point and Mid-State Technical College
- July is the warmest month
- Most precipitation is in August
- Great Community and school district