Ministry Health Care, a leading health care system in Wisconsin, is currently seeking a full-time BC/BE Adult Inpatient Psychiatrist to join our behaviorial health team at Saint Marys Hospital in Rhinelander, WI. This is an excellent opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team comprised of 2 inpatient physicians, 3 outpatient physicians, a social worker, psychogist and an occupational therapist in a beautiful midwestern vacation community. The ideal candidate will share Ministry Health Care's commitment to quality health care and exceptional patient service.
- General adult, inpatient practice
- Experience with involuntary patients and addiction issues would be a plus
- 10-bed inpatient unit in a state-of-the-art facility; average daily census is 8-10; the facility also has 2-bed locked Intensive Treatment unit
- Convenient, flexible 7 on/7 off schedule
- ECT credentials required; 60-70% done as outpatient but by the inpatient providers
- Group operates as a Community Based Program where patients eat meals together, participate in groups and work collaboratively
- Opportunity to participate in a community Memory Diagnostic Clinic
- Clincians boast supportive, collegial environment with an excellent continuity of care
Physicians who have recently joined Ministry Medical Group indicate that the excellent work/life balance combined with friendly, thriving communities was what ultimately drew them here. Beautiful, safe and affordable neighborhoods make Rhinelander a GREAT place to live and work.
In Rhinelander, you'll find the perfect balance of unspoiled natural beauty and convenient creature comforts. Located in the heart of Wisconsin's picturesque Northwoods, Rhinelander is a well-known paradise for anglers, hunters, kayakers, cyclists, hikers, nature lovers, snowmobilers, cross-country skiers and outdoor enthusiasts alike. Residents enjoy the seasonal versatility of the many forests and lakes that surround the community.
The City of Rhinelander is a service center for the surrounding communities and offers a variety of retailers, bookstores, restaurants, coffee shops, state-of-the-art medical services and plenty of midwestern hospitality. Numerous musical events, festivals, and parades draw Wisconsinites from near and far.
There are many great reasons to live, work and raise your family in the Rhinelander area. Enjoy an exceptional quality of life balanced with a low cost of living. Rhinelander is home to excellent schools and higher education opportunities.
- Population of 7,735; 46% Male, 54% Female
- Known for the legend of the Hodag, a mythical beast from logging times
- Entertainment-Community Theater, Annual National Northern Arts Juried Art Show and Competition, Performing Arts Series, Farmer's Market, Public Radio(WXPR), Full Service Family YMCA, Country Music Festivals, Oktoberfest
- Safe community and excellent school districts