Emergent Patient Transfers
MinistryConnect is a toll-free, single point of contact for unscheduled patient transfers to any destination including Ministry Saint Joseph’s Hospital and Ministry Saint Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Marshfield and Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital in Weston. By calling this one number, referring providers or their staff, will speak with a clinically trained representative who will assist them in transferring their patient in a consistent and comprehensive manner. All calls are monitored to ensure the highest quality service to our referring providers.
Whenever possible, patient transportation will be coordinated through Ministry Health Care’s Spirit Medical Transportation service. This service provides comprehensive, regionally integrated ground and air transportation for adult, pediatric, neonatal, and high-risk obstetrical critical care patients from referral institutions and scenes of injury.
Special information for patient transfers to Ministry Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Ministry Saint Joseph’s Children’s Hospital and Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital
Upon contacting MinistryConnect, our specially trained staff will:
- under the direction of on line medical control, apply appropriate protocols to accept your referral or connect you to the appropriate physician necessary to accept your patient
- arrange medical transportation
- coordinate assignment of hospital bed
- assist with connecting additional calls from referring facilities
Please have the following information prepared at the time of patient transfer:
- Patient name, date of birth, and weight (for flights only)
- Patient’s primary diagnosis
- Name and location of referring provider
- Patient’s status
- Current condition
- Treatments administered to date
Patient information may be faxed to 715.389.4688.