Welcome to Ministry Health Care’s Unpaid Internship Program
Ministry Health Care offers a closer look at health care careers through unpaid internships which are available for individuals that receive credit for the unpaid internship from a recognized educational institution. The individual should also have a desire to learn more about a career in health care.
All unpaid internship requests will be reviewed by Human Resources and requested department/leader to determine if the request can be accommodated. The Human Resources department may refuse an unpaid internship request based on patient sensitivity, staffing concerns, availability, volume or other reasons. At the conclusion of the unpaid internship, the individual is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the unpaid internship. Submission of an unpaid internship request does not guarantee Ministry Health Care can accommodate the unpaid internship request.
Once your unpaid internship request has been received and reviewed, you will be notified. Unpaid internship requests which can be accommodated will be required to complete the following information/documents and submit them at least 2 weeks prior to scheduled unpaid internship. If information/documents are not received at least 2 weeks prior to the unpaid internship, the unpaid internship will be cancelled.
Unpaid Internship Requirements:
- Unpaid Internship Orientation
- Unpaid Internship Authorization Form (If a participant is under the age of 18, a guardian signature must be obtained on this form)
- Unpaid Internship - Health Information Form (Please Note: this is a time intensive process if you do not currently have all required health work, please begin immediately once the unpaid internship has been confirmed. The cost associated with this health work is the individual’s responsibility) Please include completed health requirements documentation in one email.
- Wisconsin Background Check Disclosure (BID) Form: the individual is responsible for completion and submission of this form. This check includes the Criminal background check will be completed by Ministry Health Care. A completed Background Check that returns ANY RESULTS will be reviewed for determination of placement prior to accepting an individual for an unpaid internship. When complete, please scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 715-343-3133.
- If you answered “YES” to the question #4 in Section B of the Wisconsin Background Check Disclosure form please also click on and complete the Out of State Background Check form. A completed Background Check that returns ANY RESULTS will be reviewed for determination of placement prior to accepting an individual for an unpaid internship. When complete, please scan and email to email@example.com or fax to 715-343-3133.
- Unpaid Internship Objectives/Outcomes – this would come directly from the individual requesting the unpaid internship. These unpaid intern objectives/outcomes are predetermined by either school requiring the unpaid internship or the individual requesting the unpaid internship.
For more detailed information on the health requirements, please see the Unpaid Internship Request Requirements form.
To submit an unpaid internship request at any of the Ministry Health Care organizations, please click on the Unpaid Internship link and complete all required fields.
For further information on potential paid internships, please visit ministryhealth.org/careers.