Construction Begins on New Clinic in Crandon
(Crandon, WI) Ministry Medical Group in Crandon, an outpatient department of Saint Mary’s Hospital in Rhinelander, held a ground blessing ceremony on Thursday, July 23 at the new clinic site located at 400 West Glen Street off highway 8 west of Crandon. This location is the future home of a state-of-the-art clinic facility for Ministry Medical Group which is currently located at 209 East Elm Street.
“Our commitment to bringing compassionate health care to families in northern Wisconsin goes back more than 125 years, drawing from the commitment and vision of the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother and great physicians like Dr. Irv Schiek, Sr. and Dr. Warner S. Bump. Health care has changed since the days of these early pioneers. Fortunately today we have Ministry Health Care, to help ensure we can maintain that commitment and vision established so many years ago,” shared Stewart Watson, M.D. President/CEO Ministry Medical Group. “We are excited to know that building a new state-of-the-art Ministry Medical Group clinic, here in Crandon, will give us the opportunity to serve Crandon and Forest County well into the future.”
“Beginning the site work is a result of an extensive planning process,” stated Bill Erickson, Vice President Operations Sacred Heart-Saint Mary’s Hospital. “Throughout the planning we have been conscious of our responsibility to the community. This new facility is designed to meet our changing health care needs.”
- The new facility will be built on approximately 8 acres of land purchased in October 2008 and located on the west side of Crandon on State Highway 8.
- The new state-of-the-art clinic will be 12,991 square feet and occupy approximately 2.5 acres of land.
- Project cost is estimated to come in under $3 million, which includes the land, design, building construction and equipment.
- The architect for the project is Flad Architects from Madison and the contractor is The Samuels Group from Wausau.
- Local contractors and workers will be used whenever possible. The project will employ a competitive bid process on all significant components of the project. Capable local contractor will be included in the bidder’s list.
- Site preparation and construction will begin late July 2009. Anticipated completion is March 2010.
Dr. Robert Sookochoff, Regional Vice President-Ministry Medical Group shared “Our promise to our patients is to earn trust by working together as One Ministry to keep PATIENTS FIRST in everything we do. Dr. Perry, her colleagues and staff at the Crandon Clinic have worked tirelessly to fulfill this promise for many years. They have done so in a facility which is showing its age and now falls short of the image Ministry wishes to portray. What we witnessed today is a milepost towards the fulfillment of the vision that will be the new Ministry Medical Group clinic in Crandon. A great deal of work and planning has taken place to bring us to this juncture and I am grateful to all those who have participated. I look forward to completion of the clinic and its contribution towards the quality of care our patients deserve.”
Ministry Medical Group prides itself on its unique ability to provide high quality medical services with the personal touch of small-town life. Internal Medicine and Family Practice specialists are currently located at the clinic in Crandon and are accepting new patients. In addition, a significant number of specialists also come to Crandon clinic on a weekly basis from Ministry Medical Group-Rhinelander. Crandon clinic’s health care includes family practice, pediatrics, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, rheumatology, surgery, physical medicine, behavioral health, diagnostic services, lab services and specialist referral. Crandon clinic is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. to serve you and your family. Same day appointments are available. For more information or to schedule an appointment call 715-478-3318.