Cheryl Streeter, CCRL, SWP, Named to Wisconsin State Board of Nursing
April 24, 2015
(Milwaukee, Wis.) – Cheryl Streeter, CCRL, SWP, director of workforce resources for Ministry Health Care, has been named by Governor Scott Walker to serve on the Wisconsin State Board of Nursing in the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position.
Ms. Streeter currently holds the position of director of workforce resources, responsible for workforce planning, capacity management, forecast modeling, scheduling matrices, position control and performance for the nursing division. She works in Ministry’s corporate nursing division.
The Board of Nursing is part of the Department of Safety and Professional Services and board members serve as public officials held to the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct. Board members are tasked with a number of important responsibilities, including:
• Writing administrative code -- the rules that govern nursing
• Overseeing the implementation of statutes and administrative code -- making sure the rules are followed in areas including credentialing, education, examination, and disciplinary matters
• Conducting meetings in compliance with open meeting laws
• Preparation for board meetings
• Maintaining confidentiality of information shared and work undertaken as a board member
In her submission letter to Governor Walker, Ms. Streeter noted several things she would bring to a board position, including her perspective from working in the Fox Valley which includes providing care in a rural environment, her commitment to LPN nursing care, a proven track record of working together with other agencies and groups and a desire to serve the state and nursing profession to achieve excellence in nursing care.
Ms. Streeter’s nomination garnered unanimous support during the confirmation process recently both in committee and before the full Senate. Her term expires in 2018.