FREE Pre-Participation Sports Physicals for Athletes in Sixth through Eleventh Grade
(Northwoods, WI) Once again this year Ministry Rehabilitation Services and Ministry Medical Group are offering FREE* Pre-Participation Sports Physicals for Athletes in sixth through eleventh grade. Pre-registration is REQUIRED! Following are the dates available for these sports physicals.
* Suggested $20 donation for local scholarship fund
July 21 1 – 6 p.m. – Rhinelander Call 715-361-2300
July 21 4 – 6 p.m. – Crandon Call 715-478-3318
July 23 1 – 6 p.m. – Tomahawk Call 715-453-7740
July 27 4 – 6 p.m. – Laona Call 715-674-5233
July 28 4 – 6 p.m. – Crandon Call 715-478-3318
August 4 4 – 6 p.m. – Laona Call 715-674-5233
This comprehensive screening exceeds all WIAA requirements. Any athlete who will be participating in a WIAA sport during the 2009-10 school year is eligible to be screened by our team of health care professionals including Family Health Providers, Internal Medicine Providers, Certified Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapists.
Pre-participation sports physical will include:
- health history
- height and weight
- blood pressure and pulse rate
- skin problems
- ears, nose, and throat
- flexibility in shoulders, hips, knees, ankles and trunk
- joint stability in knees, ankles and shoulders
- posture including pelvis height, shoulder height and spine
- foot screening including shoes and gait
- chest, heart and lung function
- maturation index
- plus other valuable health information for young adults.
Please note: This exam does not replace your recommended annual physical by your family physician.