Effective: June 1, 2001
Privacy Statement for Ministry Health Care
Ministry Health Care has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site operated by Ministry Health Care, Inc.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE GATHER FROM THOSE WHO VISIT OUR SITE?
When you visit our Web site, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose, and information that we automatically collect as you browse our Web site.
Information You Voluntarily Submit. We collect and store any information you enter on our Web site, or provide to us in offline contacts we have with you. Information is collected from visitors to the Web site in the following areas:
- REGISTRATION FORMS - You may register for events and newsletters on various areas of the Web site. This information will generally contain contact information, and preferences regarding the event or material for which you desire to register.
- ORDER FORMS - Some areas of the Web site may allow you to order products or services, whether or not for a fee. In connection with these transactions, we collect data necessary to complete the transaction and that is furnished by you. This may include contact information, address, telephone number and your credit card number.
- SURVEYS - At times, you may be asked to complete survey questions that appear on the Web site.
- EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS - You may submit information related to job opportunities with Ministry Health Care. Please note that you submission of pre-employment information may be further governed by specific provisions that appear on the Job Opportunities section of our Web site.
- DISCUSSION FORUMS - We may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- EMAIL - On every screen of our site, you also have an opportunity to communicate with us by E-mail. You may also choose to provide your e-mail address to receive communications from us or third parties.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO COMMUNICATE WITH US ABOUT YOUR SPECIFIC MEDICAL CONDITION, EVEN IN AN EMERGENCY, THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. WE DO NOT MONITOR YOUR COMMUNICATIONS TO US THROUGH THIS WEB SITE FOR THESE PURPOSES, AND WE MAY NOT RESPOND TO YOUR COMMUNICATION IN AN APPROPRIATE TIMEFRAME. CONTACT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL FOR ADVICE CONCERNING YOUR MEDICAL NEEDS, OR CONTACT YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY SERVICES IN CASE OF EMERGENCY.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically. When you browse our Web site, you do so anonymously. We do log automatically your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), the Web pages you visit and the time of your visit, but we do not link this information to anything that could identify you personally. The only other type of information automatically provided to us is the type of computer, operating system and browser you are using. This information is provided by your browser, which we use to improve the performance of our site.
We may also place small data files, called "cookies," in the browser file of your computer's hard drive. These cookies automatically identify your browser to our server whenever you interact with the Web site. We use the cookies to record Web site statistics. Most browsers automatically accept the cookies, but you usually can change your browser setting to prevent the acceptance of cookies. Certain Web pages may not function properly if you choose not to accept cookies.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information You Voluntarily Submit. We use your personal information to communicate with you if and when necessary in connection with your use of our Web site, to respond to your questions, or to send you material and information you request. Be assured that we do not create individual profiles with the e-mail information you provide and the E-mail material, including your E-mail address and/or name will in no way correlated or linked to the material that is automatically collected as described above. The use we will make of your information is to:
- Consider your suggestions
- Possibly respond directly to you for clarification
- Process your request for materials if you make one
- Process your donation if you make one
- Try and answer your questions if you ask them
- Register you for an event if you request it
- Provide you with information regarding upcoming events, new services and general information about our services. (NOTE: You may elect not to receive these communications, either when you initially register at our site, or at any time thereafter. See the section of this Privacy Statement called "Choice/Opt Out.")
Information Collected and Stored Automatically. We may use your Web site information in order to help diagnose problems with our site. We may use all information we collect to analyze statistical use patterns and demographic data (basically, where our visitors come from and what demographic characteristics they have) and to improve our site to better serve our customers. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information. We may also prepare and keep statistical records and other data about you and other users of our site, but we do that in a way that does not identify you or any other user personally. We may hire third parties to help us collect and analyze such data, and we may share such statistical data with third parties. Again, such statistical data will not specifically identify you or any other user. We use this information to help us make our Web site more useful to visitors -- to learn about the number of visitors to our Web site, what part of the Web site they are interested in, how long the use the Web site, and the types of technology our visitors use.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHERS
Except in the limited circumstances stated in this paragraph, we do not sell, rent, license, trade or otherwise disclose the personal information of our Web site visitors to unaffiliated third parties. We may share such information among our affiliates as necessary to provide you with the information and services you request. We may disclose information about you if and when we believe it is necessary to comply with any law, rule, court order, or subpoena, or to enforce our legal rights or the rules of this Web site, or to protect our business, property and operations, or in connection with a sale, acquisition, merger or other business combination of our business with a third party.
Some areas of the Web site may allow you to conduct e-commerce transactions (event registration, donation, etc.). In connection with these transactions, we collect data necessary to complete the transaction that is furnished by you. This information may be furnished to a third party in order to facilitate the transaction.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER AND NOTICE REGARDING MEDICAL INFORMATION
The material contained in this site is for informational purposes only. We believe the information on our Web site is complete, accurate and up-to-date, but medical science is constantly changing, and mistakes do occur, so we do not warrant that the information on our Web site is complete, accurate, current or reliable or that it will be suitable for your needs. Any advice or information that you may receive through the Web site is not a substitute for personal medical care. We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant any of the medical or clinical information that you may receive through the Web site. Any information or links on the web pages are for your convenience and the inclusion of the information or link on the Web site does not imply any endorsement, guarantee, warranty or representation by us of the quality or accuracy of the information, products or services provided to you. This Web site is not intended to provide medical advice, diagnoses, or suggestions for treatment. Even though certain pages of our Web site may permit you to provide comments or questions, you should not ask for advice about specific medical conditions or expect us to respond to your particular medical concerns. You should contact your physician or other healthcare professional concerning your particular medical condition or concerns.
Since we are committed to your privacy and security, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. We will maintain and upgrade our security measures by implementing improved technologies as they become available. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us or from us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we use our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Our Web site is not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor. You have the following options for reviewing or removing your information from our database to no longer receive communication from us.
1. You can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You can send mail to the following postal address:
Ministry Health Care
2600 Stewart Avenue, Suite 148
Wausau, WI 54401
3. Call the following telephone number: 715.843.9099
Director, Interactive Communications
Ministry Health Care
2600 Stewart Avenue, Suite 148
Wausau, WI 54401
Or Phone: 715.843.9099