Allergy symptoms can take many different forms. Sneezing or stuffiness of the nose accompanied by redness or itching of the eyes are classic allergic symptoms, but are not always due to allergies; they can be caused by other conditions such as a constant low-grade sinus infection, temperature changes, or reaction to smoke or fumes.
Listed below are common allergy symptoms and areas of your body affected:
- Nose/Sinus-sneezing, post-nasal drip, itching, congestion, and watery discharge
- Eyes-itching, redness, swelling, and dark circles
- Ears-recurrent infections, fluid in the middle ear, itching of the ear canal, and hearing impairment
- Lungs-shortness of breath, wheezing, tightness in the chest, and coughing
- Skin-itchy welts (hives), rash, and intense itching
- Digestive System-stomach cramps, vomiting, diarrhea, and other symptoms associated with food allergy
Other symptoms sometimes caused by allergy are fatigue, headache, hyperactivity, and depression.