Allergy Services in Stevens Point
Welcome to Relief... From Allergies
To schedule an appointment contact the ENT Allergy Department at 715.342.6673. Our clinic is located at 824 Illinois Avenue, Stevens Point, WI.
ALLERGY TESTING INFORMATION
Skin test are valid for 6 months
Skin tests show reactions to inhaled and limited foods
Results will be reviewed the day of your test and recommendations made for care and treatment. You may take any medications that have been discontinued for testing after your appointment. Common treatment for allergies are:
- Avoidance of allergens
- Immunotherapy by weekly injections or sublingual drops
Prep for Allergy Testing
Your doctor believes that you may have allergy symptoms. To help you prepare for your appointment, please take note of the following:
- Please contact your insurance company and ask about their coverage for allergy testing. The CPT codes are listed below. Our Allergy department will discuss CPT codes that will be used for your appointment.
- Skin tests are placed on the forearms (adults) and the back (children). Injection tests are placed on the upper arms for adults only.
- Your testing appointment length of time ranges between 1 – 2 hours.
- Continue using steroid nasal sprays EXCEPT Astelin (stop Astelin 3 weeks before testing)
- Eat your normal diet
- Bring your inhaler if you have COPD or asthma
- Tell your allergy nurse if you take beta-blockers
- Use Claritin®, Zyrtec®or Allegra®for 6 days prior to testing
- Take over the counter antihistamines like Tylenol PM® or benadryl for 3 days prior
- Take antacids for 24 hours before testing.
- Take tricyclic antidepressants for 3 weeks prior (only stop with your prescribing doctor’s permission)
- Take Strattera®, Singulair®or Accolate®
- Have a flu shot or other immunization within 3 days of testing
C PT codes
95004 Percutaneous (skin) test
95024 intradermal (injection) test
86003 RAST blood test
95165 Vial preparation
95115 Single injection therapy
95117 Multiple injection therapy
95199 Sublingual (drops) therapy