Ministry Health Care’s audiology departments offer complete, comprehensive hearing services. Audiology is the clinical evaluation and management of hearing and balance problems in people of all ages. It also involves the fitting and management of hearing aids and other assistive hearing devices. Your hearing health is important, and is vital to communication and keeping you in touch with your community. Our highly skilled staff of audiology specialists provides compassionate care which may involve a hearing evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment solutions.
- More than 28 million Americans - about 10% of the population - experience hearing loss. Approximately 95% of these individuals can correct the problem with hearing aids. Hearing loss usually develops slowly, often worsens with age, and is generally permanent. Most hearing difficulties can be helped by individually selected, prescribed and fitted hearing aids.
- We see infants, toddlers, teens, and adults of all ages. Testing ranges from newborn hearing screens through full diagnostic evaluations.
- Hearing loss is a prevalent chronic condition among of all ages. It is recognized that hearing loss increases as a function of age, especially for frequencies at 2000 Hz and above.
- We provide quality hearing instruments from several major manufacturers. We spend time with patients and family members to determine what is appropriate for that individual.
- Tinnitus refers to an auditory perception (sound) in the ear that is not a sound in the environment. Tinnitus is commonly described as a ringing, roaring, hissing or whooshing sound.