Birthing Services in Woodruff
More than you’re expecting
The birth of a baby brings many new experiences. It’s the beginning of a new life, and for some, the introduction to parenthood. It creates new family relationships – with siblings, grandparents, and other relatives. The Birthing Center at Howard Young Medical Center provides family-centered obstetric care. We understand that no two families are alike, so we’re focused on offering individualized options to give you the personal touch and memorable experience you deserve.
240 Maple Street
Woodruff, WI 54568
When you choose Howard Young Medical Center for the birth of your baby, you’re arriving at more than a hospital – it’s like entering a bedroom away from home. Howard Young Medical Center’s birthing center provides:
- Convenient open visiting hours for Dad, siblings and grandparents
- The joy of having your new baby in your room 24 hours a day
- Personalized baby photos and an online photo gallery to share pictures of your new baby with family and friends
Our skilled and attentive staff will do everything they can to assist you with a positive birthing experience. We use the latest in medical technology and expertise to help ensure that the needs of you and your baby are met. Your entire stay, including all aspects of the birthing process - labor, birth (non-cesarean), recovery and rest – will take place in the same comfortable suite. The warm, inviting atmosphere features:
- Comfortable suite with a private bathroom and shower
- a pull-out sleeper sofa or recliner chair for your support person
- a rocker, TV with DVD, phone and free internet access
- Labor aids such as birthing balls
The room also contains everything the staff will need for your baby’s birth. In addition, a surgical suite exclusively for cesarean-section births is located within the department. Pain management is available for your comfort.
For newborns requiring additional specialty care, we offer a direct connection to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Ministry Saint Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Marshfield. Ministry Saint Joseph’s Children’s is Wisconsin’s only children’s hospital outside Madison and Milwaukee.
We offer new and expectant parents:
- Prenatal education that focuses on the labor and delivery process, relaxation and comfort and information on breast feeding, infant care, and infant CPR
- An on-staff international board certified lactation consultant provides additional support for breast feeding mothers
- Our weekly maternity email newsletter providing valuable information specific to each week of pregnancy
Our doctors and nurses really care about your family; they will do everything they can to make your birth experience positive and comfortable. Ask us questions, let us know what you want, and be confident that you and your baby are in good hands. We look forward to partnering with you as you welcome your new baby to the world.