Birthing Services in Rhinelander
More than you're expecting
The Birth Center at Ministry Saint Mary’s Hospital offers a family-centered environment with caring staff that understand the unique needs of each new birth. We look forward to welcoming you as an expectant parent or visitor.
Ministry Saint Mary's Hospital
2251 North Shore Drive
Rhinelander, WI 54501
Ministry Saint Mary’s is pleased to offer:
- Fetal monitoring equipment with mobile capabilities for women who prefer to be up and out of bed during labor, as well as for those who prefer to remain stationary.
- Alternative laboring measures for those who would like them, including birthing ball, shower, rocking chair, squatting bar, and whirlpool.
- Anesthesia services available 24 hours a day for pain control.
- Initial assessment and weighing of the baby in the birthing room rather than taking the baby away to the nursery.
- Rooming-in with baby and support people to permit family participation in the care of the new baby.
- Lactation consultation available for breastfeeding mothers.
- Hearing screenings for newborns prior to discharge and follow-up as indicated.
- Community services for parents, children, and families.
- Comprehensive physical and occupational therapy services to help with any discomforts or disabilities related to pregnancy.
Our on-staff, board-certified Ministry Medical Group obstetrician/gynecologist team provides our patients high levels of expertise and personalized care. Nurse Practitioners specialized in women's health, pediatricians and family practice physicians experienced in newborn care, and lactation consultants are also available. Our doctors and nurses really care about your family; they'll do everything they can to make your birth experience positive and comfortable. Ask us questions, let us know what you want, and be confident that you and your baby are in good hands.