Creating a Treatment Plan
Our Ministry Diabetes Services team members realize that diabetes is a very personal disease. By getting to know you as an individual, we will work with you to create a self-management plan that meets your needs. This plan will Incorporate your daily activities, family demands, eating habits, health problems and school/work schedules.
- Comprehensive diabetes education program
- Recognized by the American Diabetes Association
- Individualized appointments with diabetes nurse
- Individualized appointments with diabetes dietitian
- Individual appointments will be at least 1 hr. in length
- Group classes: morning, afternoon & evening options
- Follow-up appointments
You are encouraged to speak with your primary care provider to obtain a referral for outpatient diabetes education. Fees are determined by the length of each individual program. We encourage you to call your insurance provider to verify coverage for the diabetes education appointments.
Call 715.346.5180 to schedule an appointment. Check in for outpatient Diabetes Education appointments at Ministry Saint Michael’s Hospital Registration/HUB area.
Our certified Nurse Practitioner is here to:
- Address urgent treatment needs
- Conduct scheduled diabetes care appointments
- Assist patients with insulin pump therapy
- Work closely with physicians on diabetes management
- Reinforce diabetes education and refer patients to
- outpatient diabetes education program
Call 715.342.7730 to schedule an appointment with the nurse practitioner. Check in for appointments with the nurse practitioner at Ministry Medical Group Rice Clinic Internal Medicine.
- Assist nursing staff with diabetes patient education
- Work closely with physicians regarding diabetes care and education
- Facilitate patient enrollment
Involvement in the community includes an Adult Diabetes Support Group and partnerships with the Saint Michael’s Hospital Foundation and various community agencies.