Because it’s often the best medicine, Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital offers free prevention programs and resources designed to stop injuries from happening in the first place. These programs are for every age and a wide range of real life concerns that happen all too frequently.
To access or learn more about these resources sponsored by the Children’s Miracle Network and the Foundation of Ministry Saint Joseph’s Hospital, please contact our Injury Prevention Line at 715.387.9600.
Injury Prevention Programs
- SPIRIT Medical Transportation Services Mock Scenes
- Helicopter and medical crew participates in mock car accident scenes around the region
- SPIRIT Landing Zone Safety Classes throughout our helicopter service area
- 55 Alive mature driving class
- Bike Safety
- Gun Safety
- Senior Steps, developed by Ministry Saint Joseph’s Hospital trauma staff in response to the high number of elderly who fall and are seen in our facility
- Safe Kids car seat safety checks
- Think First for Kids
- Teaches 1st through 3rd grade students about safety behaviors that can lead to lifelong habits. This curriculum-based brain and spinal cord injury prevention program includes lessons about the brain and spinal cord, creative problem solving, motor vehicle safety, bicycle safety, playground and recreation safety, water safety and safety around weapons.
- Think First for Youth
- Provides youth in grades four through eight with lessons on decision-making skills, a confident self image, and an ability to resolve conflicts and withstand peer pressure.
- Think First for Teens
- Teaches 6th through 12th grade students that every decision they make has consequences. It demonstrates how they can take the responsibility to prevent brain and spinal cord injuries that can have devastating results. The curriculum includes a brain and spinal cord anatomy lesson, actual video of young people who have experienced injuries and a session with a survivor of a brain and spinal cord injury who shares their personal experiences with the students.
The Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital campus in Marshfield is also home to the National Farm Medical Center (NFMC). The NFMC has spent years researching and developing programs to keep our children and adults safe on the farm.
Find more injury preventions programs at the American Trauma Society.