Serious injuries require the most serious attention. It’s why we’ve established a trauma center where comprehensive pediatric experts and services come together at a level you’d expect from a major metropolitan area. And it’s right here, closer to home, helping people across our region when time matters most. Ministry Saint Joseph's Children's Hospital in Marshfield is a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center designated by the American College of Surgeons - one of only three designated Pediatric Trauma Centers in Wisconsin and the only center located north of Madison.
- Trauma surgeons and pediatric intensivists collaborate to manage care in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Trauma surgeons and pediatricians manage patients on the pediatric unit
- Nurses with specialized training and education in trauma provide high-quality care in both the PICU and pediatric unit
- Pediatric case management and social workers
- Child Life specialists, funded in part by the Children’s Miracle Network, help children and families cope with the effects of injury and hospitalization
- High-touch, high-tech environment of care
- Pediatric rehabilitation