Providing the best care for injured children takes teamwork. It starts before injuries happen, and involves our emergency medical services, clinics, hospitals and affiliated partners across the region. From prevention to treatment and rehabilitation, our team is always here to do everything possible to ensure children get the right help, as fast as possible.
Ministry Saint Joseph’s Children’s Hospital: The region’s highest level of pediatric trauma care
As a leader in local, regional and statewide trauma care, education and research, Ministry Saint Joseph's Children's provides a valuable service to Wisconsin communities. Ministry Saint Joseph's Children's is a Level II Pediatric Trauma Center designated by the American College of Surgeons - one of only three designated Pediatric Trauma Centers in Wisconsin and the only center located north of Madison.
Serious injuries require the most serious attention. It’s why we’ve established a trauma center where comprehensive pediatric experts and services come together at a level you’d expect from a major metropolitan area. And it’s right here, closer to home, helping people across our region when time matters most.
- Trauma surgeons and pediatric intensivists collaborate to manage care in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Trauma surgeons and pediatricians manage patients on the pediatric unit
- Nurses with specialized training and education in trauma provide high-quality care in both the PICU and pediatric unit
- Pediatric case management and social workers
- Child Life specialists, funded in part by the Children’s Miracle Network, help children and families cope with the effects of injury and hospitalization
- High-touch, high-tech environment of care
- Pediatric rehabilitation