Neurology Services in Marshfield
At Ministry Saint Joseph’s Hospital in Marshfield, a team of Marshfield Clinic specialists includes neurologists, neurosurgeons, neuro-oncologists, neuropsychologists and other caregivers, including those specializing in neurologic conditions in children . For researchers , physicians and nurses who practice in Marshfield, some of the most exciting developments in neurologic medicine include:
- Intense monitoring of those with epilepsy, to facilitate effective care plans
- Advanced stroke care, including an inpatient rehabilitative program that helps patients regain daily living skills through physical and occupational therapy.
- Gamma Knife , a non-invasive procedures to painlessly reduce or eliminate otherwise inoperable tumors or complex, hard-to-reach brain lesions. Very few hospitals offer this treatment option.
- Movements disorders center , offering in-depth study and care for various disorders, including deep brain stimulation (akin to a pacemaker for the brain) and pallidotomy to manage and control tremors associated with Parkinson’s Disease.
- Advanced imaging, including iMRI (intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging) in the Surgery/OR so surgeons have access to powerful real-time imaging while a procedure is underway.