Spiritual Services exists to meet the spiritual, emotional and ethical needs of patients, families and staff at Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital.
Chaplains at Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital can be contacted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Chaplains provide services that include:
- Patient support
- Holy Communion
- Anointing of the Sick
- Staff support
- Chapel Services
Call a chaplain when you:
- see signs/expressions indicating spiritual distress (anger, resentment, despair, fear, hopelessness, worry, anxiety, guilt, shame, alienation)
- are anticipating surgery or health-related procedures
- receive a new, serious diagnosis
- experience changes in health conditions leading to patient and family anxiety
- need to make ethical and health care decisions
- see a patient experiencing anger at God or asking, "Why?"
- experience a loss of a sense of hope or meaning; abandonment and isolation
- need to fulfill a sacrament or prayer need
- need dying/death support for patient and family
- need help with grief and loss issues
- need to help a patient deal with the loss of a family member or close friend