Clinical Pastoral Education
Placement Opportunities: We have available placements throughout Ministry Health Care in the following locations:
- Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital – Weston
- Ministry Sacred Heart/Saint Mary’s – Rhinelander
- Howard Young Health Care – Woodruff
- Ministry Saint Michael’s Hospital – Steven’s Point
- Ministry Saint Joseph’s Hospital – Marshfield
- Door County Memorial Hospital – Sturgeon Bay
- Ministry Our Lady of Victory Hospital – Stanley
- Saint Elizabeth’s Hospital – Wabasha, MN
- Mercy Medical Center – Oshkosh
- St. Elizabeth Hospital – Appleton
Ministry Opportunities at Ministry Health Care include:
- A broad variety of patients from Central and Northern Wisconsin.
- Specialty Centers include: Cancer, Women and Family, Cardiac and Neurology.
- Shared responsibility for On- Call and the Emergency room.
- Clients from a diverse social economic and spiritual background.
- Opportunity to be part of a palliative care team.
- Working with an established Spiritual Services Team in a faith based organization.
Strengths of the Ministry Health Care CPE Program:
- As a member of an established Pastoral Care Team, the CPE Intern will minister to staff, patient’s, and family members, while developing specialized skills for the particular setting.
- The diversity of clinical settings adds richness to our ministry reflections and a depth to the types of issues we regularly address. Justice, grief, tragic illness, loneliness, dementia, ethical conflicts, the implications of different ethnic backgrounds, societal attitudes, church life, faith and practice.
- The opportunity to become a significant part of a chaplaincy team.
- We are creative problem solvers. We have the ability to provide training for people needing to continue their ministry employment while pursuing clinical training.
Challenges unique to this program:
- Our students must operate independently. The student peer group meets once a week and other opportunities for getting together are greatly limited.
- It requires intentionality to develop a sense of commonality.
- People come from a distance to meet, which means that scheduling and time management are often concerns.
- Go to the website of ACPE at www.acpe.edu and complete the CPE application.
- Submit the application to Susan Kruger at Susan.Kruger@ministryhealth.org.
- Email is preferred. US Mail accepted. Mail to:
- Susan Kruger, BCC
- Ministry Good Samaritan Health Center
- 601 S. Center Ave.
- Merrill, WI 54452.
Applications are reviewed when received and those passing the first review are invited to an on-site interview. Those who interview will be notified of the outcome within one week following the interview.
The student peer group meetings are held on the campus of Ministry Good Samaritan Health Center in Merrill.
Policies and Procedures for Student Records
The Ministry Health Care, Inc. Clinical Pastoral Education program is accredited for Level 1 and 2 CPE by
Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE)
1549 Clairmont Road, Suite 103
Decatur, GA 30033
The Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. is recognized as an accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education.