Grief Support Services
Provided by Ministry Home Care - Hospice Services
Ongoing Support Groups
The following support groups are open-ended, and do not require pre-registration. Any adult in the community who has experienced a death is invited to attend.
- Grief Support Groups are monthly adult gathering for individuals and families who have experienced the death of a loved one. These groups provide a caring community for learning about grief, finding support, sharing memories, and identifying feelings. No pre-registration is required for these groups, and there is no fee. Groups meet at the following locations and times:
- Marathon County:
- Peterson - Kraemer Funeral Home, 3400 Stewart Avenue, Wausau.
Second Thursday of the month, 1:30 - 3 p.m.
- Loss of Spouse Support Group This 6 week series is offered in the spring and fall at the Ministry Home Care office, 2600 Stewart Avenue, Suite 160 in Wausau. Information and support is provided to help participants cope with the multitude of feelings, adjustments and day-to-day concerns experienced after the death of a spouse, partner or companion.
- Spring 2015: 10 a.m. - Noon., Thursday, April 9, 16, 23, 30, May 7, 14
- Fall 2015: 2 - 4 p.m., Thursday, October 8, 15, 22, 29, November 5, 12
- Handling the Holidays November 12, 2015
For more information on these and other grief support opportunities, contact Gretchen Iverson, bereavement coordinator, at 800.398.1297.