Join Ministry Medical Group Crandon for Healthy Shopping Day
(CRANDON, WI) – With thousands of food items lining grocery store shelves, it can be difficult to make healthy choices for you and your family. This is especially true for people with diabetes or pre-diabetes and their family members. Ministry Medical Group (MMG) invites you to grocery shop with our health and wellness specialist to learn more about your food choices.
Healthy Shopping Day takes place the first Wednesday of each month at 10:00 a.m., and 6:00 p.m., at Schaefer’s Food Market, located at 600 East Pioneer Street in Crandon. The next tours are scheduled for Wednesday, August 7. Tours are free and registration is required.
Those who attend the tour will learn:
• Fundamentals of food selection
• How to prioritize information on a food label
• The importance of choosing foods with fiber as part of your daily diet
• How to choose fruits and vegetables and incorporate them into your diet
• How to select juices and canned goods while controlling sugar and salt
• The importance of monitoring the amount of food you eat to help meet blood glucose or weight goals
• How to keep a food diary
“Healthy habits begin by making smart choices in the grocery store,” said Health and Wellness Specialist, Jaclyn Brice, Ministry Medical Group Crandon. “Selecting the right foods to prepare a healthy meal is the first step in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.”
To register for Healthy Shopping Day, please call 715.478.6325.