Our Lady of Victory Hospital sponsors fourth annual Senior Week
The fourth annual Our Lady of Victory Hospital Senior Week will take place November 3-7, 2008. The hospital will be repeating some of the popular features of the week, including the flu/pneumovax vaccines, and introducing some new features, including a Super Screening and a wellness education session followed by a wine and cheese receptions.
Details for each day's activities are:
Monday and Tuesday: Hospital Atrium
- Flu/Pneumovax vaccines available
- Monday: from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday: from 7 a.m. – noon
- OLV Partners gift/book sale – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Seniors – here's your opportunity to get some holiday shopping in at the same time you get your flu shot
New this year: SUPER Screening
These screenings are intended for community members with no insurance or high deductibles. They are free of charge, but you need an appointment!
Call (715) 644-5571 between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Women's Health Screenings: For women 50 yrs and older have not had a pap/pelvic in the last 4 years.
- Men's Prostate Cancer Screening: For men 50 and over who have not had a PSA lab test in the last 4 years.
- Lung Functions Screening: For men or women age 50 and older at risk for lung problems – farmers, asthmatics, smokers, ex-smokers, industrial workers.
- Carotid Ultrasound Screening: For patients 55 or older with known coronary artery disease or peripheral vascular disease, or patients 60 or older with risks of smoking, diabetes, dyslipidemia or hypertension/high blood pressure.
These screenings are also free of charge, but no appointment is necessary, walk-ins are welcome. Free screenings will take place Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Balance and Fall Prevention Screening – Rehabilitation
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Glucose Screening
- Medication List Screening and Patient Record Preparation - free medication list preparation and copies with individual folder provided–bring your medications with you to screening
Wellness Education 5:30 – 6:15 p.m. OLVH Conference Room
"Planning for Alternative Living Options in Retirement"
Presented by:Sue Hebert, Chippewa County Aging & Disability Resource Center
- Learn how and when to start downsizing your household
- Hear about living options to consider in your planning as you get older & what they include
- Discuss how to talk to your kids about your planning
Wine and Cheese Reception, 6:15 – 8 p.m.
Music provided by Jerry Teclaw
Questions? Call 715-644-5571 for more information.