Imagine feeling your best every day of your life! By joining health coaching, this can be your experience. The coaches help you accomplish your goals by developing effective strategies that keep you on track. This includes all aspects of health and wellbeing. Coaching takes place on Tuesdays from 5 - 7 p.m., by appointment. To schedule your appointment contact: Celine Kline. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 715.432.4570.
We challenge your team to build a snowman that is as tall as one of your teammates. Take a picture and post to Facebook or send an E-mail to Traci Smet. Challenge expires at midnight on 2/14 and is worth 7 points each!
Tuesday's Presentation: Dining out the Healthy Way
On Tuesday February 12th we will welcome Sarah M. Agena MS, RD. Sarah is a Registered Dietitian with a master's degree in Exercise Science, and a bachelor's degree in Human Biology. Currently, she is the owner of Flexible Fitness Solutions LLC, a nutrition counseling company within the Portage County Business Park. Are you trying to eat healthier, but find that restaurants always offer meals that undermine your healthy eating habits? Join us from 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 pm at Ministry 2501 where Sarah will talk about how to eat healthy while spending a night on the town!
Presentation Review: Everyday Forces Working against Your Weight Loss Plan
Weight loss can be difficult, and can often cause us to feel down on ourselves when we are not seeing the results we expect. In Trevor Roark's presentation 'Everyday Forces Working against Your Weight Loss Plan' he discussed the many mixed messages consumers receive from the media when it comes to the food we choose to fill our bodies with. Companies claim that as consumers we are 100% in control of our bodies and our weight loss, but when we receive mixed messages from so many different companies, that statement seems far from the truth. This misinformation may also be passed down from generation to generation which may lead to unhealthy decisions in the future.
Mr. Roark stressed that when large corporations are developing a food product, they do not have our nutritional values in mind. This holds true in restaurants as well as grocery stores. In big businesses, profits come first, and the food additives they use are not what is advertised.
Mr. Roark left us with some helpful take-home tips to fight these outside sources. These include:
- Watch less TV
- Eat together at the table
- Remind yourself that many companies don’t have your nutritional values in mind; just their own profit
- Start your own garden
- Buy food around the perimeter of the store. (The closer you get to the middle of the grocery store the more processed the foods tend to be)
- Don’t be afraid to stick up for yourself and your food choices
Watch the presentation!
Please note all workshops require advance sign-up. Register be e-mailing your name and which workshop to MinistryCWR@live.com or by calling 715.346.5416 with the same information.
- 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. Zumba (beginner to advanced). Limited to 30.
- 5 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. (beginner to advanced) This chair exercise routine will give participants a full body workout, while making basic exercises easier for all levels. By using a chair, participants can exercise through a comfortable range of motion and take unwanted pressure off of the back and joints. Watch this video to learn about this exercise - Limited to 20.
- 5:30 p.m. - 6 p.m. Fuel The Furnace. Part 3 of a 3 part nutrition series. Find out what you're really eating when you’re not the cook. (This workshop is only for those who have registered for Part 1. No additional registration is needed for 3).
- 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. Yoga (beginner to advanced): This is a special course designed for the MCWR. It is a cutting edge approach to weight loss. Limited to 20.
- 6 p.m. - 7 p.m Empty Bowls. Enjoy a night of gratitude and painting for others! What better way to enjoy Valentine's Day than to give back to others. Bring your imagination and paint a bowl that will be used as a symbol of stress relief. These bowls will then be donated to the empty bowls campaign. Be vulnerable by trying something new! All supplies are taken care of. Limited to 25
Restaurant of the week: Grazies
Mediterranean Pasta-original price $16.49, discounted $8.25
Seafood Cannelloni- original price $17.49, discounted $8.75
Team Schierl Items of the Week:
Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie (1 brownie/serving, 90 calories, 30 fat calories): Special price of $0.59!
A donation was made this past week to New Hope Church in Junction City! Thanks to everyone for your donations
Non-perishables collected - This week: 89 pounds = Total: 699.6 pounds