Reminder- MANDATORY MID-WAY WEIGH-INS starts Monday! Weigh-ins are held at Ministry 2501 building, 2501 Main Street Stevens Point. Come Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday between 2-7:00pm. Be sure to contact Traci if these times don’t work for you. Good luck!
There has been technical glitch and the t-shirts will not be available till the end weigh-ins. Any questions, please let Traci know. Sorry for the inconvenience.
This week we challenge your team to take the tips given by Sarah Agena in last week’s presentation and go out to eat with your team choosing healthy meal options. Take a picture of your team with your healthy meals and post to Facebook or send an E-mail to Traci Smet. Challenge expires at midnight on 2/28.
There will be no presentation this week due to mid-way weigh-ins.
Our panel rose to the challenge once again!
On Tuesday February 19, our panel consisting of medical, nutrition, and fitness experts joined us for a question and answer session. Joining us was Dr. Calvin Selwyn, MD from Ministry Saint Michaels Hospital, Laura Zelenak from the Stevens Point School District, Erika Weiss from Adventure 212, and Amy Domaszek from the University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point. Below are some of the most common questions asked:
Question: I have lower back pain. What types of exercises should I be doing?
- Expert Answer: You should first visit your doctor to see if your back needs medical attention. Once you are medically cleared, give water exercises a try. Exercising in the water is easier on the joints and warm water may help with inflammation. Yoga and Pilates are also great exercises to stretch and strengthen core muscles.
Question: I know how to lose weight, but how do I become more motivated?
- Expert Answer: You need to find a type of exercise that is enjoyable to you. This can be as simple as taking a brisk walk or working in your garden. Some people also find exercise buddies to be helpful because it keeps them more accountable.
Question: What type of exercise is more important?: weight resistance or cardio?
- Expert Answer: Cardio and weight resistance are equally as important. A successful fitness plan includes both multiple times a week.
Question: How long will it take me to lose weight?
- Expert Answer: The length of time will vary for each individual. It’s more important to focus on creating a healthier lifestyle than focusing on the number on the scale.
Tuesday's Mindfulness Training Workshop
Why Mindfulness Coaching? Studies suggest that mindfulness and acceptance training improves body image, nurtures intuitive eating, reduces problematic eating behavior, and improves overall quality of life.
- When: February 26-March 26 every Tuesday 6:00-7:15 PM
- Where: Ministry 2501 Building
- To register: E-mail Amy at Amy.Domaszek@uwsp.edu
Please note all workshops require advance sign-up. Register be e-mailing your name and which workshop to MinistryCWR@live.com or by calling 715.346.5416 with the same information.
- 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. Zumba. (beginner to advanced). Limited to 30.
- 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. The Fitness Wheel. (beginner to advanced). We are almost half way through the Community Weight Race so it is time to increase intensity. Spin your fitness wheel and join this station based workout. Coaches will get you motivated as you go through a series of stations ranging from cardio to strength to flexibility, and everything in-between. Limited to 30.
- 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. Attitude Adjustment for Weight Loss and Stress Management: Use biofeedback tools to analyze and identify the power of your thoughts on your behaviors. Limited to 6.
Restaurant of the Week - Players Lounge
Penne Pesto-original price $7.99, discounted $4.00
Black Bean Cali Burger w/ sautéed vegetables- original price $8.49, discounted $4.25
- With Chicken $9.49 Full Price/$4.75 Discounted
Team Schierl Items of the Week:
Dean’s Milk Chug (Fat Free) (1 container/serving, 150 calories, 0 fat calories): Special price of $0.99!
Non-perishables collected - This week: 167.4 pounds = Total: 922.4 pounds