A Proven, Experienced Heart Care Program
The Marshfield Clinic and Ministry Health Care heart care program is the largest in the region, with more specialists performing more procedures than any other local provider.
- Ministry Health Care hospitals care for nearly twice as many heart patients as other local hospitals.
- Marshfield Clinic cardiologists perform two times more cardiac procedures than other local providers.
- We are home to the second largest heart surgery program in the state, with surgery volumes second only to Saint Luke’s in Milwaukee.
Source: WHA, 12 months ending Q2 2010
Performing so many procedures benefits patients because of the experience each procedure provides to the team’s physicians and support staff. When it comes to health care, experience leads to fewer complications, which leads to better patient outcomes.
While such numbers are impressive by themselves, even more remarkable are the results the team has accomplished. Compared to national averages, the team’s patients experience:
- Fewer risk-adjusted major complications
- Lower infection rates
- Faster recoveries
- Less ventilator time after surgery
- Less time in intensive care
Society of Thoracic Surgeons, Isolated CABG, January-December 2010
Click here to see national recognitions earned by our heart care program.