Are You at Risk for Heart Disease?
Take this quiz to find out.
- Do you smoke?
- Is your blood pressure 140/80 or higher? OR - 130/80 or higher if you have diabetes or kidney disease?
- Has your doctor told you that you have high cholesterol?
- Has your father or brother had a heart attack before age 55, or has your mother or sister had a heart attack before age 65?
- Do you have diabetes, or do you need medicine to control your blood sugar?
- Are you a man over 45 years old or a woman over 55 years old?
- Are you overweight, or do you have a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or more?
- Do you get less than a total of 30 minutes of physical activity on most days?
If you answered “Yes” or “I don’t know” to two or more of these questions, you may be at risk for developing heart disease. You should talk to your doctor about a complete risk assessment.
Knowing your risks gives you the power to make changes that can lower your chance of developing heart disease. Learn more.