As the Wausau community has grown, we’ve been proud to grow right along with it, always finding new ways to treat you better.
Treating you better means:
Reputation and Quality
Ministry Health Care is ranked among the top 20 percent of healthcare systems in the country according to Truven Health Analytics and since opening, Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital has earned recognition from prestigious organizations for advances in quality, efficiency and technology.
Ministry Saint Clare’s is:
- Truven Top 100 Hospital
- Truven Health Analytics, a leading provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare has named Ministry Saint Clare’s to its prestigious list of the nation’s Top 100 hospitals for 2013 and 2014. The Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals study evaluates performance in 10 areas: mortality; medical complications; patient safety; average patient stay; expenses; profitability; patient satisfaction; adherence to clinical standards of care; post-discharge mortality; and readmission rates for acute myocardial infarction (heart attack), heart failure, and pneumonia.
- iVantage Health Analytics HEALTHSTRONG™ Hospital
- Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital was one of seven Ministry Health Care facilities to be named 2014 HEALTHSTRONG™ Hospitals by iVantage Health Analytics. The 2014 HEALTHSTRONG Hospitals, highlights top performing hospitals rated as part of iVantage’s Hospital Strength INDEX™. The Hospital Strength INDEX is the industry’s most comprehensive rating system of hospitals and the results recognize the top performing hospitals – measuring them across 66 different performance metrics, including quality, outcomes, patient perspective, affordability and efficiency.
- Hospitals & Health Networks magazine One of America’s 100 “Most Wired” Hospitals (annually since 2006) for uses of digital information technology
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition
- American Association for Respiratory Care (annually since 2007)
- Blue Distinction Center for Specialty Care® BlueCross BlueShield Association (Hip and Knee Replacement, 2010 and 2013)
- Ministry Saint Clare’s is a Level III Trauma Center: Verified by the State of Wisconsin Department of Health and Family Services
Ministry Saint Clare’s has quickly built a national reputation for high quality heart care.
- ACTION Registry-GWTG Platinum Performance Achievement Award, 2014.
- Ministry Saint Clare’s has been recognized by Action Registry-GWTG in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital consistently followed the treatment guidelines in ACTION Registry®-GWTG™ for eight consecutive quarters in ACTION Registry-GWTG Premier and met a performance standard of 90% for specific performance measures to receive this 2014 award. ACTION Registry-GWTG is a partnership between the American College of Cardiology Foundation and the American Heart Association with partnering support from the American College of Emergency Physicians and the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
- AHA Mission Lifeline Gold Achievement Plus Award, 2014
- Ministry Saint Clare’s has been recognized by the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® program in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Mission Lifeline sets goals for patient care that help ensure prompt, evidence-based treatment for severe heart attack (STEMI) patients.
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital was the first hospital in the region to receive accreditation by the Society of Cardiovascular Care.
- Ministry Saint Clare’s was the first chest pain center in the region to earn national accreditation in 2007. Successful reaccreditation was completed in 2010 and 2013 and is valid for a term of three years.
Investing in excellence
We believe in building for the future by adding new capabilities and technologies. Innovations at Ministry Saint Clare's include:
- Advanced ICU monitoring practices
- Dedicated 24/7 Spirit Medical Transportation Services
- VeinViewer — revolutionary imaging tool provides a view of veins and blood vessels directly on the surface of patient’s skin, for easier IV and needle placement
- First area hospital to offer innovative Birmingham Hip Resurfacing™ System to preserve bone and joint stability for young, active patients
- The Marshfield Clinic and Ministry Health Care Heart Care Team at Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital is one of a few in the nation to use the Impella 2.5 — a tiny heart pump for preventative use during non-emergency, high-risk coronary intervention procedures.
- The Emergency Department MEDHOST tracking system continuously monitors patients to improve safety, reduce wait times and streamline patient care.
Focused on Patients
Hospital stays are more than medical events. Making stays comfortable and special for patients and their families is a responsibility that Ministry Saint Clare’s raises to the level of an art. As a forward-thinking organization, the management and staff of Ministry Saint Clare’s Hospital is constantly focused on improvement in all areas.
- Making cleanliness a top priority
- Achieving shorter patient stays
- Reducing patient recovery times
- Improving speed of response
- Ensuring round-the-clock coverage
- State-of-the-art medication safety procedures
- Providing comfort to patients and visitors