Sibshops Event November 10
Please join us Saturday, November 10, at the Marshfield YMCA from 9 a.m. to noon for Sibshops, a globally known program that offers siblings of children with special needs like autism, down syndrome, chromosomal disorder or general developmental delays an opportunity to get together, have fun and participate in new games and activities.
Realizing that being a sibling to a child with special needs is sometimes good, sometimes not-so good, and sometimes in between, the program provides peer support and education in a recreational setting.
This program is run by the Child Life department at Ministry Saint Joseph’s Children’s Hospital and is sponsored by Children’s Miracle Network. The event is for children ages 5-12 and the cost is $5 per child, which includes a t-shirt and snack.
1. Provide opportunities to meet other siblings in a relaxed, recreational setting.
2. Provide opportunities to discuss common joys and concerns with other siblings of children with special needs.
3. Provide opportunities to learn how others handle situations commonly experienced.
4. Provide opportunities to learn more about the implications of their sibling’s special needs.
5. Provide parents and other professionals with opportunities to learn more about the concerns and opportunities frequently experienced by siblings.
Pre-registration is recommended; to register or for more information, please call Hayley Patoka at 715.221.7419.