Student Volunteen Program
Student volunteers serve in a variety of ways including:
- Child Care Center
- Coffee Café
- Direction desk
- Escorting families
- Gift Shop
- Home Delivered Meals
- House of the Dove/Hospice
- Information Desk (ER and Lobby areas)
- Nursing Units
- Special projects
- Supporting staff in an office setting
To participate in the Student Volunteen Program, volunteers must meet the following criteria:
- Be a minimum of age 14 by the annual orientation (usually held in late March-early April).
- Be able to volunteer a minimum of 2-3 hours per week, all year long.
- Successfully complete the necessary paperwork, meet health requirements and attend the general orientation.
- Fill out the teen application to be added to the invitation list. This is a first come-first serve basis and there are only 45 spots available.
- Must be available to attend one of the mandatory Volunteen orientation dates on Saturday or Monday. Date and times to be announced.
Benefits of the Program
- Gain valuable work experience and secure job and scholarship application references.
- Explore career possibilities.
- Make new friends.
- Receive personal satisfaction from helping people in need.
- Attend the Volunteer Appreciation Event and Summer Picnic
- Scholarship opportunities
Service Awards are presented to Volunteens when each service level is achieved
- 50 hours – t-shirt
- 100 hours – service pin
- 200 and every time you add another 200 hours – name on a plaque in Administration’s hallway and a pin guard
For more information about volunteer opportunities at Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital, contact:
Manager, Volunteer Services
Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital
611 Saint Joseph Avenue
Marshfield, WI 54449