Student Volunteen Program
Student volunteers serve in a variety of ways including:
- Coffee Café
- Direction desk
- Escorting families
- Gift Shop
- Home Delivered Meals
- House of the Dove/Hospice
- Information Desk (ER and Lobby areas)
- Nursing Units
- Outpatient and Inpatient Pharmacies
- Special projects
- Supporting staff in an office setting
To participate in the Student Volunteen Program, volunteers must meet the following criteria:
- Be a minimum of age 14 by the annual orientation
- Be able to volunteer a minimum of 2-3 hours per week, all year long.
- Successfully complete the necessary paperwork, meet health requirements and attend the general orientation.
- Fill out the teen application to be added to the invitation list. This is a first come-first serve basis and there are only 45 spots available.
- Must be available to attend one of the mandatory Volunteen orientations. The next orientation will be held in March 2015. If you would like to be on the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, birth-date and mailing address.
Benefits of the Program
- Gain valuable work experience and secure job and scholarship application references.
- Explore career possibilities.
- Make new friends.
- Receive personal satisfaction from helping people in need.
- Attend the Volunteer Appreciation Event and Summer Picnic
- Scholarship opportunities
Service Awards are presented to Volunteens when each service level is achieved
- 50 hours – Recognition in Marshfield News Herald
- 100 hours – Gift certificate to receive a t-shirt (choice of color) with Partners of Saint Joseph’s Hospital logo (ordered from LogoWear website) OR can use gift certificate towards purchase of another item + Recognition in Marshfield News Herald
- 200 hours – Plaque located in Main Hallway + Recognition in Marshfield News Herald
- 300 hours – $30 MACCI gift certificate + Story Recognition in Newsletter
- 400 hours – $40 MACCI gift certificate + “Featured Volunteen” Frame Recognition + Board Meeting Recognition
- 500 hours – $50 MACCI gift certificate + “Featured Volunteen” Frame Recognition + Board Meeting Recognition
For more information about volunteer opportunities at Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital, contact:
Manager, Volunteer Services
Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital
611 Saint Joseph Avenue
Marshfield, WI 54449