Student Volunteen Program
Student volunteers serve in a variety of ways including:
- Coffee Café
- Direction desk
- Escorting families
- Gift Shop
- Home Delivered Meals
- House of the Dove/Hospice
- Information Desk (ER and Lobby areas)
- Nursing Units
- Outpatient and Inpatient Pharmacies
- Special projects
- Supporting staff in an office setting
To participate in the Student Volunteen Program, volunteers must meet the following criteria:
- Be a minimum of age 14 by the annual orientation
- Be able to volunteer a minimum of 2-3 hours per week, all year long.
- Successfully complete the necessary paperwork, meet health requirements and attend the general orientation.
- Fill out the teen application to be added to the invitation list. This is a first come-first serve basis and there are only 45 spots available.
- Must be available to attend one of the mandatory Volunteen orientation dates scheduled on Saturday, March 1 or Monday, March 3, 2014.
Benefits of the Program
- Gain valuable work experience and secure job and scholarship application references.
- Explore career possibilities.
- Make new friends.
- Receive personal satisfaction from helping people in need.
- Attend the Volunteer Appreciation Event and Summer Picnic
- Scholarship opportunities
Service Awards are presented to Volunteens when each service level is achieved
- 50 hours – Recognition in Marshfield News Herald
- 100 hours – Gift certificate to receive a t-shirt (choice of color) with Partners of Saint Joseph’s Hospital logo (ordered from LogoWear website) OR can use gift certificate towards purchase of another item + Recognition in Marshfield News Herald
- 200 hours – Plaque located in Main Hallway + Recognition in Marshfield News Herald
- 300 hours – $30 MACCI gift certificate + Story Recognition in Newsletter
- 400 hours – $40 MACCI gift certificate + “Featured Volunteen” Frame Recognition + Board Meeting Recognition
- 500 hours – $50 MACCI gift certificate + “Featured Volunteen” Frame Recognition + Board Meeting Recognition
For more information about volunteer opportunities at Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital, contact:
Manager, Volunteer Services
Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital
611 Saint Joseph Avenue
Marshfield, WI 54449